VTTW Board Index
May 04, 2024, 03:58:43 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: About Dooley's "losing attitude" comment  (Read 2602 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 21, 2012, 11:31:35 EDT »

“They just keep pushing and pushing,’’ Dooley said. That’s what they do to most everybody and they did it to us too.

“We just joined the ranks of the rest of the country.’’

This does sound like excuse-making to me.  I also think his comments on Bray's performance bordered on finger-pointing but they at least came no where close to things he has publically said about players the first two seasons.

But at the same time, did anyone really expect us to beat bammer?  I posted some positive vibes.  I think on a given day, we could beat them and mess up a potential championship season.  How sweet would that be?  But yeah, it was a long shot.  I do think we could have made it closer (and no, I don't like "moral victories" anymore than the next guy  ).

I think if he said something like this:  "Alabama is no. 1 in the country for a reason and they showed it tonight.  Having said that, we could have done some things to keep it closer and make it more competitive, and maybe even put ourselves in position to pull an upset.  We are going to have to work hard to correct some things."

Is that a "losing attitude"?  I don't know.  I don't consider myself an expert on losing.  Just curious.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Oldvol75
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 12:11:46 EDT »

This quote speaks volumes!

"We want to finish out the season real well," junior wide receiver Justin Hunter said. "We really don't think about Coach's job. We just think about our team and what we need to do."

God “The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the external rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained.” from George Washington’s first Inaugural address.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 12:20:51 EDT »

This quote speaks volumes!

"We want to finish out the season real well," junior wide receiver Justin Hunter said. "We really don't think about Coach's job. We just think about our team and what we need to do."

Have to agree....

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 12:24:33 EDT »

Or given my tendencies, maybe I should say "I can't argue with that".   

ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

Time is best spent with family and friends.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 01:45:23 EDT »

We hired a HC with no experience as an OC, or as a DC...................................he has been a position coach and recruiting coordinator, then his stent as HC/AD at LA Tech..................................................................Why should I expect him to know how to build a program, or win for that matter??  He had a losing record at La Tech, just like here................How in the Hell would someone in charge hire him and think he will build a championship program in the toughest conference in College football??  He is just in way over his head, and the rest of the staff is not nearly strong enough to pull us out.

Dooley just needs to take responsibility for us stinking it up.......................HE IS IN CHARGE OF THE OC/DC, OR LACK OF.............................................YOU ARE THE COACH DAMN IT, FIND A WAY TO HELP OUR GUYS WIN A fizzleING GAME  

When Dooley finds a winning attitude, maybe it would rub off on the players

Go Big Orange.
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2012, 02:55:57 EDT »

The fish rots from the head down. Dooley needs to shut the hell up and clear out His office

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: