VTTW Board Index
May 04, 2024, 05:05:01 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How different would it have been had we won the LSU and UNC games?  (Read 1126 times)
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« on: October 22, 2012, 01:15:17 EDT »

Would the players look at Dooley different, we fans likely would. Would that have meant better recruits?

Success begats success and losing begats losing.

I think one of Dooley major mistakes , which I thought was a good approach at the  time, is he got philosophical and tried to get into the players head too much to make them winners. The sign he painted on those double doors come to mind. This kids don't need philosophy or turned into deep thinkers to play football, they need instruction and discipline. If the coach acts like they are winners and expects nothing but success from them he will get all they have.

This is IMHO opinion Dooley's greatest flaw outside of X & O's and experience.

Its no different than everyday life. Those kids that come from successful college educated parents are more apt to follow that path than those who don't. Why? Because it is expected of them and they don't know any other way.

These kids have always been successful at football or they wouldn't be at UT. They don't need jedi mind tricks to believe they are winners...IMHO all that does is make them doubt themselves instead of give them confidence. I think that is why we fall apart so easily more than anything.

What do you guys think? I'll hang up and listen.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: