VTTW Board Index
May 18, 2024, 12:04:01 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I have no idea how this football season is going to happen......  (Read 1458 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: August 20, 2020, 08:52:09 EDT »

The Notre Dame football team has 5 infections and 6 in quarantine. Ole Miss has 14 athletes infected, not specified as football players. A Georgia State quarterback had Covid and now has a heart condition.

I remain hopeful but dubious.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2020, 09:15:04 EDT »

I don't see how it's not going to be a cluster...Seems UT has already had several and Pruitt said after day 1 practice that the ones we've had in isolation should be back this week. Also a few weeks back it was reported we had something like 43 athletes effected....didn't say how many were football players. Clemson...Bama...LSU have had several football players effected....Have no idea if that's good or bad to have several test positive before the games begin.

When the season starts is when it's going to get interesting from week to week. And what happens if you are on the road and have some test positive the day before a game...What do you do with those effected 100's of miles from your home campus?

Tonight here in West Tn is the first HS football game with a full slate playing tomorrow night....I feel for those HS programs and I'm glad I'm not involved in it anymore.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 09:16:51 EDT by Tnphil » Logged
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2020, 03:07:42 EDT »

I'm not sure what metrics we're shooting for. Oddly, high school may stand a better chance if they're not testing. Then they don't detect high rates.

College students wanting to play should have had massive gatherings three months ago.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2020, 06:42:08 EDT »

It's a crazy world. Looks like High Schools are going to play. No rhyme or reason to the procedures. How can you go to school but not to your church? How can a group of thirty students be in class together but bikers going to Sturgis are frowned upon? This whole pandemic has been handled terribly by this country compared to others, supposedly. Our school system here voted students must wear masks. How do you keep a mask on a first grader? Things that make you say ..Hmmm.

volsboyinsodak
Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2020, 08:43:15 EDT »

How do you keep a mask on a first grader?

My wife teaches first grade. They're reporting no problems whatsoever getting the kids to keep their masks on. My son, who turns 3 next month, actually loves wearing his mask. He thinks it's cool. It's the older kids who you can't keep the masks on at school — i.e., the ones that should know better.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2020, 08:57:46 EDT »

Vandy has shut down practice due to several players testing positive.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2020, 10:49:27 EDT »

Yet, you have parents of BIG conference kids raising hell about them not playing this season. Crazy world indeed.

volsboyinsodak
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2020, 05:06:36 EDT »

My wife teaches first grade. They're reporting no problems whatsoever getting the kids to keep their masks on. My son, who turns 3 next month, actually loves wearing his mask. He thinks it's cool. It's the older kids who you can't keep the masks on at school — i.e., the ones that should know better.
Amen. They say keep your hands away from your face. I touch my face ten times more when I'm wearing a mask.

volsboyinsodak
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: