VTTW Board Index
May 18, 2024, 11:57:57 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think?  (Read 1198 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: August 26, 2020, 05:22:14 EDT »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTgRBvZUZZs&t=182s
Some of the comments are good. Vols qb play is key. Someone said if JG shows up against UGa, Bama, and UF we have a chance against them. Then someone commented, "when has JG ever showed up against UGa, Bama and UF? Good point. Think most feel QB is our weakest link. But other teams will be breaking in new qb's, so that may even some things out.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 05:39:40 EDT by volsboy » Logged

volsboyinsodak
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2020, 10:20:48 EDT »

Hope JG has a good year....I will believe it when I see it however. I've watched replays of games from last year and our offense just looked ugly for the most part starting with below average QB play. Also you could tell the play calling was designed as the season went on to not allow JG when playing, not to get us beat. And our failures in the red zone was a lot because JG didn't want to screw up...therefore he actually screwed up by under throwing or over throwing WR's....many times WRs being wide open. IMO with just above average QB play we win 9 games and maybe 10 counting the bowl win and several games wouldn't have come down to nail biting and hoping the defense made some stops.

Here's hoping that he improves this season to above average.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2020, 01:20:54 EDT »

Assuming they play...

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2020, 01:23:51 EDT »

Al Davis used to list cheating as one of his top three goals for the Raiders, and they did cheat.  I saw a documentary where one of their LBs was talking about how they worked around the league rules on taping up their forearms, which they then used as weapons to try and deliberately take out players on the other team.  Such a dirty team.

I guess everyone is Al Davis now.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: