VTTW Board Index
May 09, 2024, 07:58:53 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tied for #2 in AP  (Read 678 times)
10EC
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« on: October 30, 2022, 07:58:26 EDT »

Wiw
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2022, 08:30:04 EDT »

Wow is right!  We have more first place votes than OcryO St.  Looks like the 1st place vote for Clemson last week transferred to us!  Yeehaw.

#1 vs #2 next week.  WOWSERS.This game is gonna be huge.  I'm sorry fellas, but I'm just not feeling too confident about this one.  Sure we have a good shot at it, but we could be soundly beaten by this solid, well coached team.  If we win, it will be another freaking heart checker. 

One thing that getting past UK does for us.... beat Mizzou, SC, and Vandy and we are in the playoffs!  How crazy is that???  I'm glad Mizzou is at home.  They can be scary.  I feel good about whipping those 'cocks at their house, but they are no pushovers, either.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2022, 09:14:26 EDT »

I swear, this all feels like a dream!  Year 2??!

10EC
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2022, 09:20:01 EDT »

I swear, this all feels like a dream!  Year 2??!

That is EXACTLY how I feel.  Just out of nowhere. 

My youngest asked me today why we didn’t beat Pitt worse.  Honestly, I think this team lacked confidence in itself.  Now? I cannot remember seeing a more confident team.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2022, 09:46:51 EDT »

Wiw

I'm not sure we are in

If we lose to uga and they lose to bammer, there are three highly rated SEC teams with one loss

In that scenario, bammer goes due to being the SEC champ, and uga may go because they beat us

That would be hard to take but its difficult to see three SEC teams in the playoffs. I would think only if a bunch of other teams lose.

So the only guarantee is if we beat uga

I will be rooting hard for LSU Saturday, as win by them DOES guarantee a trip except un the unlikely  case we lose to yga and Ole Miss wins out.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2022, 10:33:47 EDT »

That is EXACTLY how I feel.  Just out of nowhere. 

My youngest asked me today why we didn’t beat Pitt worse.  Honestly, I think this team lacked confidence in itself.  Now? I cannot remember seeing a more confident team.

I hope everyone can appreciate what's happening here. This kind of season with this kind of roster just doesn't happen in today's SEC. This is still a roster of mostly 3 stars (or less). We've seen some coaches take over similar rosters and put together nice seasons (Franklin, Kiffin), but they were never a threat for the SEC title and beyond. This is uncharted territory. And it's exciting to think about what CJH can do here when he gets the talent level restocked in a couple years.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2022, 11:35:35 EDT »

I hope everyone can appreciate what's happening here. This kind of season with this kind of roster just doesn't happen in today's SEC. This is still a roster of mostly 3 stars (or less). We've seen some coaches take over similar rosters and put together nice seasons (Franklin, Kiffin), but they were never a threat for the SEC title and beyond. This is uncharted territory. And it's exciting to think about what CJH can do here when he gets the talent level restocked in a couple years.

Yep, it's amazing. I am on record as saying I think an unfortunate segment of our fanbase was spoiled and entitled at the end of the Fulmer era with expectations that just could not be met for the most part.

Heupel has unbelieveably exceeded those expectations, but I think after 12+ years of ass whoopins maybe those same fans appreciate what we have right now a bit more

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2022, 11:48:19 EDT »

If a 1-loss SEC team is going to get into the playoff, whether it's Tennessee or Alabama, TCU needs to lose or Clemson needs to lose.

Otherwise you're going to wind up with an undefeated Big Ten team, an undefeated SEC team, an undefeated Clemson and an undefeated TCU.

Winning Saturday would obviously be great. But if Tennessee loses, it needs to at least be a close game. Don't give the pollsters reason to drop UT below a one-loss Pac 12 team. Although I suspect that, at the end of the day, a one-loss Pac 12 champion will be elevated into the top four spots just for the sake of putting a conference champ into the playoffs.

If Tennessee loses Saturday, a lot has to happen for us to get into the CFP.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2022, 11:50:29 EDT »

If a 1-loss SEC team is going to get into the playoff, whether it's Tennessee or Alabama, TCU needs to lose or Clemson needs to lose.

Otherwise you're going to wind up with an undefeated Big Ten team, an undefeated SEC team, an undefeated Clemson and an undefeated TCU.

Winning Saturday would obviously be great. But if Tennessee loses, it needs to at least be a close game. Don't give the pollsters reason to drop UT below a one-loss Pac 12 team. Although I suspect that, at the end of the day, a one-loss Pac 12 champion will be elevated into the top four spots just for the sake of putting a conference champ into the playoffs.

Agree 100%
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2022, 01:33:54 EDT »

It’s been said before, but the fact that we can even be having this discussion is beyond belief. Just 16 months ago we were wandering in the wilderness with very little hope for the foreseeable future and now, in just his second season in Knoxville, CJH has us approaching the pinnacle of college football.

Personally, I’m just going to enjoy the ride.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2022, 06:32:23 EDT »

The history of the committee is to completely ignore conference championships

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: