VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 11:39:49 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This weeks offense ...  (Read 1925 times)
Cobbvol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« on: September 26, 2017, 04:40:03 EDT »

With Wolf probably out, I would spread the field with 4-wide and run quick routes where QD gets the ball out of his hands very quickly.

I would also spread Kelly out as a receiver in some situations to make it 5-wide. Kelly would only touch the ball via a screen, draw, wildcat, or as a receiver. This would make their defense stretch horizontally and take their LB's into more of a coverage role. We can't run Kelly between the tackles on a zone read and expect to move the ball effectively.

Ole Miss did this last year and completely wore them out with the primary question being can our WR's consistently get open.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 05:52:39 EDT »

The problem is you are expecting Jones and his staff to figure this out. Not holding my breath. Then the D will have to figure out how to stop the UGa O. I do hope they figure it all out.

volsboyinsodak
UGADawginVA
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 05:59:08 EDT »

different animals.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 09:06:58 EDT »

Georgia's defense, against MSU this past weekend, was quick to the ball and physical as hell.  They looked really good to me.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 10:02:45 EDT »

Georgia's defense, against MSU this past weekend, was quick to the ball and physical as hell.  They looked really good to me.

with Smart, the D will be good.  My question is how well our D will hold their offense.  I guess we will see.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: