VTTW Board Index
May 04, 2024, 11:56:12 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looks like Manti Teo is a lying scumbag  (Read 11073 times)
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: January 17, 2013, 12:32:48 EST »

Look like the story that Manti Teo's girlfriend dying tragically was a lie.

http://www.nationalledger.com/pop-culture-news/manti-teo-lied-about-girlfriend-118628.shtml       

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 12:40:29 EST »

He's still at the stadium in Miami trying to find his jock strap!
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 01:17:25 EST »

This is bizarro world

Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 01:18:00 EST »

Um, no, he didn't lie.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8851033/story-manti-teo-girlfriend-death-apparently-hoax

It appears that instead of being a liar, he's a very naive kid who has yet to learn that not everyone is who they appear to be when they're on Al Gore's internet.
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 01:24:31 EST »

Um, no, he didn't lie.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8851033/story-manti-teo-girlfriend-death-apparently-hoax

It appears that instead of being a liar, he's a very naive kid who has yet to learn that not everyone is who they appear to be when they're on Al Gore's internet.

Thanks for the info!

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 01:28:37 EST »

Um, no, he didn't lie.

Interesting.... I wonder if that's all there is to it

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 01:30:51 EST »

Interesting.... I wonder if that's all there is to it

I have my doubts whether the full story will ever be known

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2013, 01:32:31 EST »

I have my doubts whether the full story will ever be known

The more I read about it the more it sounds like ND is trying to help Teo save face. There's more here than a kid who was duped.

http://deadspin.com/5976517/manti-teos-dead-girlfriend-the-most-heartbreaking-and-inspirational-story-of-the-college-football-season-is-a-hoax
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2013, 01:33:32 EST »

The more I read about it the more it sounds like ND is trying to help Teo save face. There's more here than a kid who was duped.

http://deadspin.com/5976517/manti-teos-dead-girlfriend-the-most-heartbreaking-and-inspirational-story-of-the-college-football-season-is-a-hoax

That's a good point you bring up

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2013, 01:51:36 EST »

This thread is the first I've heard of this, and I can't even sort out what has happened here.   
Creek Walker
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2013, 01:59:10 EST »

It does seem strange, but IMO there's no way ND goes to bat for him if he's lying. If the media went to the trouble to dig up the fact that the girl never actually existed, they will probably be able to uncover the truth if ND is lying . . . and can you imagine the public relations nightmare that would turn into for the university? Even Lane Kiffin wouldn't be able to get himself involved in something that ugly.
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2013, 02:49:21 EST »

Go over to govolsxtra.com and read the Twit feed. Hilarious.
TallVol
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2013, 04:33:38 EST »

This is the strangest story I have ever seen.  I want to believe he was duped but he has given interviews where he is quoted as actually seeing this girl in person.  I think he tried the wholesome Tebow route to try and win the heisman and it is now blowing up in his face.  Wasn't it around the time of his grandmother and imiginary girlfriends death that he started getting the national publicity?
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2013, 04:36:48 EST »

Anyone on VTTW who would judge Teo is a freakin' hypocrite.  Everyone here has at least one imaginary friend.  I won't name names, but...

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2013, 04:38:50 EST »

Go over to govolsxtra.com and read the Twit feed. Hilarious.

Unfortunately you have to join to read the posts on that message board

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2013, 04:47:55 EST »

This is the strangest story I have ever seen.  I want to believe he was duped but he has given interviews where he is quoted as actually seeing this girl in person.  I think he tried the wholesome Tebow route to try and win the heisman and it is now blowing up in his face.  Wasn't it around the time of his grandmother and imiginary girlfriends death that he started getting the national publicity?

NFL fans of the teams that Teo's NFL team will be playing should make signs about His imaginary "friend"!

droner
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2013, 05:22:36 EST »

Unfortunately you have to join to read the posts on that message board

No you don't. I didn't join. The Twit feed is on the right side.

http://www.govolsxtra.com/
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2013, 06:53:53 EST »

No you don't. I didn't join. The Twit feed is on the right side.

http://www.govolsxtra.com/

Somehow the word "Twit" seems very appropriate.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2013, 02:48:44 EST »

I'm not really comfortable making fun of him yet.  If he really is the victim, I feel really bad for him.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2013, 02:54:33 EST »

I'm not really comfortable making fun of him yet.  If he really is the victim, I feel really bad for him.

It's taking some serious mental gymnastics to twist the story into anything resembling Te'o being the victim, rather than the perpetrator, of the hoax.

However . . . I don't understand why he would do this and maybe there's an underlying problem there that really should be a concern. That's reason enough for me not to go overboard with the jokes.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2013, 03:20:22 EST »

Everyone here has at least one imaginary friend.  I won't name names, but...

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2013, 03:34:43 EST »

Way too many inconsistencies here. We have not heard the last of it.

droner
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2013, 09:14:56 EST »

Whoops. ESPN says that a former ND player said that many on the team knew that the story was fake but T'eo went along with it. He apparently thought it was a good story and loved the attention.

He probably didn't make up this story. But it sounds like he went along with it after he discovered it was fake.

Quite frankly, sports fans and the sports media are gettting what they deserve with the T'eo and Lance Armstrong stories. They (we) jump on something too quckly, build up someone beyond being human, and then they're (we're) shocked when the sports figures turn out to be human after all.
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2013, 06:00:22 EST »

Whoops. ESPN says that a former ND player said that many on the team knew that the story was fake but T'eo went along with it. He apparently thought it was a good story and loved the attention.

He probably didn't make up this story. But it sounds like he went along with it after he discovered it was fake.

Quite frankly, sports fans and the sports media are gettting what they deserve with the T'eo and Lance Armstrong stories. They (we) jump on something too quckly, build up someone beyond being human, and then they're (we're) shocked when the sports figures turn out to be human after all.
He's the captain of the defense for Notre Dame football and the only girl he can get is some chick he first said he met in person but then said he never met in person but only online...I don't buy it..and while the "love of his life" was "dying" in Cali he flew west but to Hawaii and didn't stop on the way to see her? He's a liar playing the sympathy card after his grandmother died adding that crap about his made up girl friend to try and help get votes for the Heisman and cover the fact that he's probably gay..What a turd! Just another reason to hate that program
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2013, 06:06:01 EST »

He's the captain of the defense for Notre Dame football and the only girl he can get is some chick he first said he met in person but then said he never met in person but only online...I don't buy it..and while the "love of his life" was "dying" in Cali he flew west but to Hawaii and didn't stop on the way to see her? He's a liar playing the sympathy card after his grandmother died adding that crap about his made up girl friend to try and help get votes for the Heisman and cover the fact that he's probably gay..What a turd! Just another reason to hate that program

I agree,Crokettman

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: