VTTW Board Index
May 05, 2024, 04:36:01 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looks like we finally beat out bama for a recruit maybe.  (Read 3539 times)
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« on: January 23, 2013, 03:42:18 EST »

Jason Carr from Memphis reaffirmed his commitment and intent to take an unofficial this weekend to try and swing Von Bell from bammer as well.

This according to another Vol site. I think the info came from 247 sports article reporting on an in home visit with Carr by Vol coaches. 
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 04:06:04 EST »

I hope Tennessee can land both Carr and Vonn Bell,that would be something! I hope Tennessee can get Carl Lawson also

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 04:07:16 EST »

I know the perception is that they get who they want, but we have beaten out Bama for several recruits. Tiny, Stone, McCullers, and Drae Bowles are four that spring to mind. This year I think not only Carr, but we will eventually beat them out for Bell.

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 04:27:34 EST »

I know the perception is that they get who they want, but we have beaten out Bama for several recruits. Tiny, Stone, McCullers, and Drae Bowles are four that spring to mind. This year I think not only Carr, but we will eventually beat them out for Bell.

Will this in your opinion be a top 15 or so class if Tennessee lands Carr,Bell and Lawson?

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 04:30:00 EST »

That perception comes from their success obviously.  If we can win some recruiting battles, coupled with a big win or two we could have really good class next year. If that happens then we might be back by the time these classes are juniors and seniors. Of course this all hinges on what we do on game day. Man we need a stud running back that can come in and push for time if not win the job.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 04:52:27 EST by Inspector Vol » Logged
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 04:43:59 EST »

Will this in your opinion be a top 15 or so class if Tennessee lands Carr,Bell and Lawson?

easily. If things go well, this is a top 10 class.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 07:49:26 EST »

easily. If things go well, this is a top 10 class.

Still think Derrick Green is coming?  I hope so!

Also, you missed probably the biggest recruit we beat out bammer for...CP.    What a difference maker he was.  For all too short a time, unfortunately.....

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 09:37:14 EST »

Still think Derrick Green is coming?  I hope so!

Also, you missed probably the biggest recruit we beat out bammer for...CP.    What a difference maker he was.  For all too short a time, unfortunately.....

We beat UGA out for him.

Green's 50/50....I have the least confidence out of him, Lawson, and Bell - the three 5 stars we're in on.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 05:15:28 EST »

We beat UGA out for him.

Green's 50/50....I have the least confidence out of him, Lawson, and Bell - the three 5 stars we're in on.

Pretty sure Saban was recruiting him also.  Said so when we played them.  But I suppose Uga was the other finalist....

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2013, 05:20:03 EST »

Pretty sure Saban was recruiting him also.  Said so when we played them.  But I suppose Uga was the other finalist....

he had a Bama offer, but it came down to UT/UGA
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: