VTTW Board Index
May 05, 2024, 01:59:01 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Braves are trying to make another move...  (Read 6163 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: January 24, 2013, 01:41:10 EST »

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/jon-heyman/21604844/braves-trying-for-justin-upton-chances-for-trade-of-upton-or-kubel-improves
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 01:51:32 EST »

Cool,it's good to see the Braves in the market for players! The Braves need a true lead off hitter

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 02:01:48 EST »

That's been rumored ever since they signed BJ.  I'm guessing they'd have to give up Tehran and/or Delgado to pull it off, but I'm about ready to give up on those guys anyway.  Upton/Upton/Heyward would be a hell if an OF.  Make it happen, Frank Wren!

droner
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 02:09:20 EST »

I read yesterday that the Braves have signed about everyone except Prado. They're not that far apart but they need to get it done. Prado has to move to third to replace Chipper.
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 02:12:32 EST »

I read yesterday that the Braves have signed about everyone except Prado. They're not that far apart but they need to get it done. Prado has to move to third to replace Chipper.

I sort of wanted the Bravos to get Nick Swisher before the Yankees traded him to the Indians

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 02:15:13 EST »

I'm hearing that Prado will go to arbitration.  Which is weird, because they're only about 400K apart.  In any case, this will likely be his and/or McCann's last year in Atlanta.  I really hate to lose those guys, but they won't be able to sign them both, and if they add Justin Upton, they probably won't be able to afford either one of them.

droner
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 04:02:26 EST »

The Upton deal is done pending a physical.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/eye-on-baseball/21609866/justin-upton-traded-to-braves-pending-physical
MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 04:38:17 EST »

And bye-bye to Prado.  That's a shame; he's a good un. Hope they can get someone to play 3rd as that is a huge hole to fill.

Bammer suxes! That is all!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 05:16:40 EST »

Baseball.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
101stDad
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2013, 09:19:06 EST »

I like having both Uptons and J-Hey in the outfield, but who in the world is going to play third?   
droner
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2013, 09:46:11 EST »

I like having both Uptons and J-Hey in the outfield, but who in the world is going to play third?   

For now, it looks like Juan Francisco. 
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2013, 09:48:45 EST »

For now, it looks like Juan Francisco. 

Juan has potential,He's got some pop in His hitting

Jethro
Heisman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2013, 10:10:09 EST »

Chris Johnson came over from the Snakes in the trade.  He was pretty much of a flop in Houston but after he got traded to AZ, he played extremely well with power.  Hard to tell if he figured something out or if it was just the small sample size.  At any rate, he should be better than Juan Francisco, who comes to camp every year looking like he has camped out at KFC for the whole offseason.
101stDad
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2013, 10:16:16 EST »

Juan has potential,He's got some pop in His hitting

Yeah, but he is definitely a one platoon guy.  He can't hit his weight against lefties.  Wait a minute, that's not fair to him.  OK, he can't hit an average third grader's weight against lefties. 

Of course, he didn't do a whole lot against righties last year, either.  His composite was around .235. 

Juan Francisco at third certainly doesn't give me the warm fuzzies.   
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2013, 12:54:10 EST »

Well, that explains why they hadn't come to terms with Prado.

In the long run, this looks to be a good trade.  But short term, it leaves a big hole.  TWO big holes until McCann comes back.  I' m surprised the Braves would part with Prado, and given his contract status, I'm surprised the D-Backs would want him.  He was most valuable because of his versatility, and ability to play every position.  He was a utility man who happened to hit like an all-star. 

CAC has some very good analysis.  BTW, this is a site that every Braves fan should bookmark, if you haven't already.  They get pretty geeky with stats and numbers sometimes, but you won't find better info anywhere.

http://capitolavenueclub.com/

101stDad
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2013, 01:00:16 EST »

In the long run, this looks to be a good trade.  But short term, it leaves a big hole.  TWO big holes until McCann comes back.  I' m surprised the Braves would part with Prado, and given his contract status, I'm surprised the D-Backs would want him.  He was most valuable because of his versatility, and ability to play every position.  He was a utility man who happened to hit like an all-star. 

CAC has some very good analysis.  BTW, this is a site that every Braves fan should bookmark, if you haven't already.  They get pretty geeky with stats and numbers sometimes, but you won't find better info anywhere.

Great link.  Thank you. 
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2013, 03:44:27 EST »

LOL...

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2013, 03:55:15 EST »

nice link, god stuff

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: