VTTW Board Index
May 04, 2024, 11:51:26 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Final: No. 23 Ole Miss 62, Tennessee 56  (Read 1514 times)
Creek Walker
« on: January 25, 2013, 03:19:48 EST »

This UT team is improving. They had their shots to take down Ole Miss, but Marshall Henderson was just unstoppable in the 2nd half. If he shoots normal -- even for him -- UT wins.

It's sad that our post play is so bad that Kenny Hall is even on the court. 
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 03:27:31 EST »

choked down the stretch. Had a chance but missed 4 straight FTs and shots. No killer instinct, TURNS THE BALL OVER too much, and does not turn the other team over enough

« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 03:30:54 EST by Volznut » Logged
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 04:23:59 EST »

This UT team is improving. They had their shots to take down Ole Miss, but Marshall Henderson was just unstoppable in the 2nd half. If he shoots normal -- even for him -- UT wins.

It's sad that our post play is so bad that Kenny Hall is even on the court. 

Henderson is a great shooter if you give him a window, and we failed over and over and over to successfully get around screens or switch. I'm not the least bit surprised he hit so many shots and we have our defense to blame. You knew he was looking to shoot.

And our offense is so dysfunctional at key moments it's not funny. McRae is a playmaker but he made too many mistakes tonight and there's nobody else we can rely on.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 05:39:45 EST »

I only saw the very tail end in a bar and then missed the last minute...probably glad I did.  We were only down 2 when I left the room.  A guy that had watched the whole game said we were up big but surrendered a 12-3 stretch.   

We can only hope that in the rest of the season the team digs deep and finds a way to win at the end instead of choking it away.  Three of our last four losses were winnable, or at least 2/3 but we played simply awful in the last few minutes.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: