VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 12:14:33 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Some bammer writer is about to get a brick through his window…  (Read 425 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: February 26, 2023, 07:39:40 EST »

https://www.al.com/alabamabasketball/2023/02/joseph-goodman-at-alabama-the-calculus-of-shame-continues-to-grow.html

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2023, 08:27:55 EST »

He better guard his trees.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2023, 02:27:29 EST »

I've sat here and written/deleted several times. I just don't have words. Somebody, anybody, the water boy... Could a, shoulda shut down the pat down. Just stunningly apathetic, and careless. Oats said he doesn't pay attention to that part of the pre-game. He is drawing up plays. Bullshizzle! He actually said that in the post game interview. Surely all of this will derail their season. I've always wondered why we never, EVER hear of Alabama football players getting in trouble. When UT recruited comparably, there were high profile issues from time to time. This incident/story is a peek into their "culture"... Only this time somebody was murdered.  
« Last Edit: February 27, 2023, 02:29:14 EST by SmokeyJoe » Logged
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2023, 02:33:09 EST »

There was another player present as well. Jaden Bradley. First I heard of that. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2023, 11:15:18 EST »

I spoke to a bammer fan at church yesterday who was pretty defensive about the whole thing, but did admit that:

1. The corch at bammer did not handle it too well.
2. He did finally admit that the statement by Miller's defense attorney was a bit sketchy.
3. He said he could not imagine Satan running off at the mouth like Oates did (same as 1, but a comparison included)

OTOH,

1. Claimed Miller did not block the other vehicle because he pulled up the location on Google Map and its a very narrow street. I told him he was FOS because none of us have seen the video, and he reluctantly agreed.
2. Tried to use the defense attorney's excuse that Miller "neither saw nor handled the weapon" to excuse the fact that he was well aware the gun was in his car whether he looked at it or not.  Did finally admit there was a text from Miles to Miller asking for him to bring the  "joint" which is street slang for gun.

At the end of the day, I said that if this was UT I would (a) not be happy with how my school reacted, and (b) legitimately quesiton why Miller was not suspended, particularly because no one GAS anyway if you drop a couple regular season games.  He did not disagree, and I think he feels the same way.

One of the more ridiculous things he "corrected" me on was that I should not refer to Miller's attorney as a "defesne attorney" since "he has nothing to defend against at this point".

Yeah.  So Miller just hired an attorney with no background in criminal law and no experience defending anyone on a whim and let him speak in public on his behalf.  Just...I guess..."cause".

OMG.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: