VTTW Board Index
May 15, 2024, 08:29:05 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BasketVols vs Alabama....6ET ESPN2  (Read 1492 times)
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« on: January 02, 2021, 10:47:19 EST »

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2021, 01:26:34 EST »

And the Vols look like shizzle 
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2021, 01:51:20 EST »

So far....reminds me of our team last year that was lost a lot and couldn't hit crap.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2021, 02:08:35 EST »

JJJ is a mystery to me. Vescovi isn't quick enough. Stock has fallen after this debacle.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2021, 02:55:20 EST »

Congratulate them and learn from it.  There's lots of stuff to learn in film study from this game.  

This game gave quick, good shooting teams a blueprint for how to attack us offensively.  It appears that we are not quick enough as a team to defend Bama with straight up man D, and if you help and they are knocking down 3's you are toast.  They consistently exploited our slower defenders (Fulky, SV, JJJ).  They continued this until Pons returned and started becoming the rim protector in help defense.

Offensively, I think its obvious that this team really misses that "Grant Williams" low-post offense.  We have no real post threat (for the most part Fulky and Pons have been fade away shooters in the paint this season).  Its tough to play inside-out when you don't really have an inside option.  That must improve.

Having said all of that, this team still had a chance to win this game if they make a few shots.  At one point, late in the second half, they got 5 straight stops on D and scored a grand total of 2 points during that stretch.  Fulky missed 5 FTs tonight.  They were 4-21 from the 3.  They had only 7 assists.  You aren't going to beat many teams with those numbers.

This is still a really talented basketball team, but this game was revealing.  There are issues that must be improved and corrected.  I'll be willing to bet that Jimmy Dykes doesn't have us in the top 3 any more - and at this point in the season we don't deserve to be there.

All just my opinions, of course.  Fire away!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 03:07:13 EST by JeffCountyVolFan » Logged
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2021, 02:58:45 EST »

Well we weren't going undefeated anyway, so might as well take our lumps and learn from it.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2021, 03:27:06 EST »

12 of 21 from the FT line will get you beat too...
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2021, 04:52:06 EST »

Did this look like a final four team? BBBut Barnes is a great coach. He still doesn't make his teams play with enough intensity. Hopefully talent will overcome this. Any bets on whether this team wins the SEC title? Anyone think they shouldn't? Anyone think they shouldn't beat Arky? Does this game make you skeptical?  I think they beat Arky.

volsboyinsodak
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: