VTTW Board Index
May 15, 2024, 10:42:17 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nothing says the season is just weeks away like your star QB being a dumbass  (Read 20455 times)
BigOrange Maniac
« on: July 25, 2012, 08:14:28 EDT »

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2012/jul/25/tyler-bray-roommate-accused-of-throwing-beer-off/
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 08:23:30 EDT »

There's been a lot of discussion of this on other sites this morning, and it sounded like there was nothing to it. It'll be interesting to see what happened when the facts come out. Adams had no real quotes or statements, nothing from KPD, nothing from anyone in the football office . . . I'm not saying it isn't true, but the whole thing feels a little funny and has me wondering if Adams jumped the gun.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 08:26:29 EDT »

If it's true that Bray was out throwing beer bottles at cars, that kinda pisses me off. I would just roll my eyes if it were May or June, but this is late July and we're just about five weeks away from the start of the season. I would prefer our QB, of all people, to be spending his time a little more wisely.

I tend to think there's nothing to the accusation that her windshield was busted in retaliation. That's nothing but speculation on her part and IMO it's a little irresponsible for that to wind up in a police complaint that becomes public record if there's nothing of substance to back it up. HOWEVER, if that's true, then we obviously have a problem.
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 08:29:02 EDT »

If it's true that Bray was out throwing beer bottles at cars, that kinda pisses me off. I would just roll my eyes if it were May or June, but this is late July and we're just about five weeks away from the start of the season. I would prefer our QB, of all people, to be spending his time a little more wisely.

I tend to think there's nothing to the accusation that her windshield was busted in retaliation. That's nothing but speculation on her part and IMO it's a little irresponsible for that to wind up in a police complaint that becomes public record if there's nothing of substance to back it up. HOWEVER, if that's true, then we obviously have a problem.

I agree with you. It may turn out that every word she says is 100% accurate but right now it seems like a he said/she said type thing with no proof of anything.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 08:30:32 EDT »

If there turns out to be something to this, I will not be surprised in the least to be honest.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 08:31:10 EDT »

What the hell. I'm pissed if he's even anywhere close this activity. What's wrong with these guys? I know they're young, but doesn't anyone think about the consequences of anything anymore?   
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 08:34:37 EDT »

What the hell. I'm pissed if he's even anywhere close this activity. What's wrong with these guys? I know they're young, but doesn't anyone think about the consequences of anything anymore?   

Lobbing beer bottles off the balcony is pretty mild misbehavior when you think about the trouble kids get into in college. If it turns out to be true I will only be upset because we have been expecting Tyler to step up as a leader. Otherwise it's just a dumb thing a college kid did.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2012, 08:34:56 EDT »

Now now...boys will be boys  
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2012, 08:36:17 EDT »

I will probably get blasted for posting this since it's just message board BS, but I've read on other boards where Bray has been seen at various Knox clubs smoking cigarettes. If that is true, he has no commitment to being a great athlete. It's one thing to drink alcohol occasionally... you can work those calories off in the gym. Cigs are more destructive to the body and the cardiovascular system, which is key for an athlete.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2012, 08:36:30 EDT »

Lobbing beer bottles off the balcony is pretty mild misbehavior when you think about the trouble kids get into in college. If it turns out to be true I will only be upset because we have been expecting Tyler to step up as a leader. Otherwise it's just a dumb thing a college kid did.

Yeah...it's not like he threw a laptop!
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2012, 08:37:32 EDT »

In the grand scheme of things, this incident is not a big deal even if true, but it won't make me very confident about the season because it will tell me Tyler is still very immature.

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2012, 08:38:20 EDT »

Yeah...it's not like he threw a laptop!

A stolen laptop? I'm not sure where you're coming from on this one.

For what it's worth,

wesrucker247 Worth noting: Several people have told me they live in the same complex, and Bray wasn't a part of this. I don't know, either way.

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2012, 08:38:25 EDT »

I will probably get blasted for posting this since it's just message board BS, but I've read on other boards where Bray has been seen at various Knox clubs smoking cigarettes. If that is true, he has no commitment to being a great athlete. It's one thing to drink alcohol occasionally... you can work those calories off in the gym. Cigs are more destructive to the body and the cardiovascular system, which is key for an athlete.

According to 3HL he has put on a lot of weight...is he smoking regular cigs or the kind that gives you the munchies??
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2012, 08:38:43 EDT »

For what it's worth,

Cam Newton

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2012, 08:39:52 EDT »

According to 3HL he has put on a lot of weight...is he smoking regular cigs or the kind that gives you the munchies??

Oh, he definitely smokes weed... most of the team smokes weed... but marijuana is not as destructive to the body as cigarettes are.

I think his weight is weight room weight and he needed it.

Stop listening to 3HL. George is back on 102.5.

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2012, 08:40:11 EDT »

For what it's worth,

I am bored...you're here...entertain me
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2012, 08:40:43 EDT »

Cam Newton

I got the reference, and I added that that was a stolen laptop. I'm not sure if Lyn was saying they were similar incidents and Newton was dismissed for his.

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2012, 08:41:39 EDT »

Oh, he definitely smokes weed... most of the team smokes weed... but marijuana is not as destructive to the body as cigarettes are.

I think his weight is weight room weight and he needed it.

Stop listening to 3HL. George is back on 102.5.

I only listened because they were interviewing Ty Ty...but I think he may need to nut up or shut up.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2012, 08:42:23 EDT »

I got the reference, and I added that that was a stolen laptop. I'm not sure if Lyn was saying they were similar incidents and Newton was dismissed for his.

No, she was saying it was dissimilar.

Lyn hasn't been around enough, her sarcasm is lost on the board these days. Luckily she barrages me with it weekly via Facebook. 

droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2012, 08:42:41 EDT »

I think it was a joke.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2012, 08:42:46 EDT »

One more Rucker tweet, just for fun:

wesrucker247 Two of Tyler Bray's friends told me he was at the football complex when this was happening. Again, I don't know.

but there's also this:

@philkaplan. No charges filed. Bray will make restitution for damages.

At least our Wednesday has been livened a bit.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2012, 08:43:28 EDT »

I only listened because they were interviewing Ty Ty...but I think he may need to nut up or shut up.

3HL will rot your brain.

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2012, 08:43:44 EDT »

Clocky clocky clocky....has it been that long?  Maybe I should have said ' don't the Knoxville police have anything better to do'.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2012, 08:44:41 EDT »

No, she was saying it was dissimilar.

Lyn hasn't been around enough, her sarcasm is lost on the board these days. Luckily she barrages me with it weekly via Facebook. 

You're not giving me enough credit. I got that it was sarcasm, but she could have meant two very different things with that joke/reference.

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2012, 08:46:36 EDT »

You're not giving me enough credit. I got that it was sarcasm, but she could have meant two very different things with that joke/reference.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: