VTTW Board Index
May 17, 2024, 07:37:55 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hearing chatter about a presser on Friday at 3:00pm. *  (Read 7527 times)
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: November 27, 2012, 04:16:32 EST »

nm
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 04:20:27 EST »

It would be funny if the press conference Spokesman said that They were still looking

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 04:55:28 EST »

Lot of indications that it will be friday

UTnbama
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 05:17:37 EST »

I've heard it too, and if it is, then my best guess is Gruden.
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 07:20:16 EST »

The only people claiming a Friday press conference are the message board people with "inside" information. When UT issues something to the media, I will give credence to this.  Frankly, I think Bigfoot is real more than I believe the coaching announcement is Friday.  It is obvious the insiders listening to big $$$ connections believe Gruden is a sure thing and donors have pledged big donations to secure him.  It is obvious the insiders listening to UT administration connections believe the Gruden ship has probably sailed and Hart is looking elsewhere because UT will not give in the the demands they sign a contract before negotiations begin.  It is also obvious that people who have connection with both sides are hearing conflicting stories and do not know what to think.  If Hart is managing this confusion, encouraging, and spreading rumors on both sides, then by golly this man is a master manipulator and he will gain a whole different level of respect from me.

Frankly, I think Hart is loving all the chatter and internet rumors because he can stay silent as he does his job.  If it is not Gruden, Hart can always say I tried, but could not get past the agent's demands and we ran out of time because UT needs a coach by mid-December.  If he keeps all the approaches under the radar, no big time coach will publicly turn UT down.  That will allow him to please big $$ donors (Hey, I tried but it didn't work) and UT admin (Hey, I am being frugal with money, but I had to hire a decent coach and that costs money).  Hart has a listi he is working or has already worked through.  As soon as Gruden's agent says no, the interviews for coach will be scheduled in New York at Coaches conference. I think it will be the weekend of December 8-9 at earliest for any announcement.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 07:31:19 EST »

The only people claiming a Friday press conference are the message board people with "inside" information. When UT issues something to the media, I will give credence to this.  Frankly, I think Bigfoot is real more than I believe the coaching announcement is Friday.  It is obvious the insiders listening to big $$$ connections believe Gruden is a sure thing and donors have pledged big donations to secure him.  It is obvious the insiders listening to UT administration connections believe the Gruden ship has probably sailed and Hart is looking elsewhere because UT will not give in the the demands they sign a contract before negotiations begin.  It is also obvious that people who have connection with both sides are hearing conflicting stories and do not know what to think.  If Hart is managing this confusion, encouraging, and spreading rumors on both sides, then by golly this man is a master manipulator and he will gain a whole different level of respect from me.

Frankly, I think Hart is loving all the chatter and internet rumors because he can stay silent as he does his job.  If it is not Gruden, Hart can always say I tried, but could not get past the agent's demands and we ran out of time because UT needs a coach by mid-December.  If he keeps all the approaches under the radar, no big time coach will publicly turn UT down.  That will allow him to please big $$ donors (Hey, I tried but it didn't work) and UT admin (Hey, I am being frugal with money, but I had to hire a decent coach and that costs money).  Hart has a listi he is working or has already worked through.  As soon as Gruden's agent says no, the interviews for coach will be scheduled in New York at Coaches conference. I think it will be the weekend of December 8-9 at earliest for any announcement.

Lol, just can't resist can you?  

Your speculation is just as valid as all of the "insiders".
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2012, 07:32:46 EST »

The only people claiming a Friday press conference are the message board people with "inside" information. When UT issues something to the media, I will give credence to this.  Frankly, I think Bigfoot is real more than I believe the coaching announcement is Friday. 

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

73Volgrad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2012, 08:18:06 EST »

Gosh, Vinnie and ClockWork, thanks for the recognition.  Yes, my speculation is as valid. And yes, I am a wet blanket. When Hart is standing next to the new coach, I will believe.  Until then, a rumor is a rumor is a rumor.  Bur I got to admit.  This is cheap entertainment.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2012, 08:26:06 EST »

Gosh, Vinnie and ClockWork, thanks for the recognition.  Yes, my speculation is as valid. And yes, I am a wet blanket. When Hart is standing next to the new coach, I will believe.  Until then, a rumor is a rumor is a rumor.  Bur I got to admit.  This is cheap entertainment.

I don't think anyone stated that it wasn't a rumor

Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2012, 08:28:45 EST »

The message board world would be a very boring place if everyone stuck to the facts.  Why not speculate, share rumors, etc?  I find it fascinating that there are so many different stories going on.  I'm particularly interested to see if the social media hacks scoop the mainstream media.  
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2012, 08:31:08 EST »

Gosh, Vinnie and ClockWork, thanks for the recognition.  Yes, my speculation is as valid. And yes, I am a wet NoNo. When Hart is standing next to the new coach, I will believe.  Until then, a rumor is a rumor is a rumor.  Bur I got to admit.  This is cheap entertainment.

No one is forcing you to participate.  If it bugs you so much, just don't click on the thread.
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2012, 08:32:59 EST »

I don't think anyone stated that it wasn't a rumor

The word is Grumor.
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2012, 08:40:07 EST »

What do you mean you "think" Bigfoot is real.  I have seen Bigfoot, I have fought Bigfoot, Bigfoot and I have shaken hands and congratulated each other as mythical creatures.  I know Bigfoot well enough to call him Chucky.  There is no "think" regarding Bigfoot, there is only stunned silence. 

The only people claiming a Friday press conference are the message board people with "inside" information. When UT issues something to the media, I will give credence to this.  Frankly, I think Bigfoot is real more than I believe the coaching announcement is Friday.  It is obvious the insiders listening to big $$$ connections believe Gruden is a sure thing and donors have pledged big donations to secure him.  It is obvious the insiders listening to UT administration connections believe the Gruden ship has probably sailed and Hart is looking elsewhere because UT will not give in the the demands they sign a contract before negotiations begin.  It is also obvious that people who have connection with both sides are hearing conflicting stories and do not know what to think.  If Hart is managing this confusion, encouraging, and spreading rumors on both sides, then by golly this man is a master manipulator and he will gain a whole different level of respect from me.

Frankly, I think Hart is loving all the chatter and internet rumors because he can stay silent as he does his job.  If it is not Gruden, Hart can always say I tried, but could not get past the agent's demands and we ran out of time because UT needs a coach by mid-December.  If he keeps all the approaches under the radar, no big time coach will publicly turn UT down.  That will allow him to please big $$ donors (Hey, I tried but it didn't work) and UT admin (Hey, I am being frugal with money, but I had to hire a decent coach and that costs money).  Hart has a listi he is working or has already worked through.  As soon as Gruden's agent says no, the interviews for coach will be scheduled in New York at Coaches conference. I think it will be the weekend of December 8-9 at earliest for any announcement.

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
Creek Walker
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2012, 09:07:27 EST »

I'm not buying this notion that there will be a press conference Friday. But, just for discussion's sake, let's assume these reports are accurate.

That rules out the following, some of who have always been wishful thinking and some of who are legitimate candidates:

Gary Patterson
Chris Petersen
Mike Riley
Mike Gundy
Bob Stoops
Jimbo Fisher
Kirby Smart
Jim Mora Jr.
And Charlie Strong has Rutgers the previous night.
TallVol
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2012, 09:36:52 EST »

Is the Stoops to Kentucky report I have been seeing accurate?  If so, that might prove that a press conference can be done on Friday involving a coach that still has some football left this weekend.  At this point, the roller coaster speculation is getting to be a little tired for me.  Hart has seen the blueprint of what to do with a key hire while at Bama and has lived the last two years with what not to do.  I trust he is not an idiot.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2012, 09:39:02 EST »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/K5d5jxJ5vbM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/K5d5jxJ5vbM</a>

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2012, 09:39:36 EST »

Is the Stoops to Kentucky report I have been seeing accurate?  If so, that might prove that a press conference can be done on Friday involving a coach that still has some football left this weekend.  At this point, the roller coaster speculation is getting to be a little tired for me.  Hart has seen the blueprint of what to do with a key hire while at Bama and has lived the last two years with what not to do.  I trust he is not an idiot.

yes, mark Stoops to UK is official

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2012, 09:45:20 EST »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/K5d5jxJ5vbM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/K5d5jxJ5vbM</a>

LOL!
Creek Walker
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2012, 09:48:11 EST »

It is accurate but I have seen nothing about a presser being scheduled. And it almost certainly won't be Friday with FSU playing in the ACC championship game the next day.
73Volgrad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2012, 10:25:16 EST »

Why are you the way that you are?  That is funny. That could be me getting that question.

My wife asked my mother once "Has he always been like this?"  My Mom was quiet for about 20 seconds and replied "Well, he always was a might ornery."

I wear my ornery disposition with pride and honor.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2012, 11:30:27 EST »

Frankly, I think Hart is loving all the chatter and internet rumors because he can stay silent as he does his job. 

This.

But the sooner we land a top coach, the better, so I hope it is Friday and I would not be sorry to see it be Gruden, whether I think it's likely or not.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: