VTTW Board Index
June 02, 2024, 02:11:09 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Chattanooga at Tennessee, August 31, 2024, 12:45 p.m. ET, SEC Network. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Early bowl projections.  (Read 2656 times)
ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

Time is best spent with family and friends.

View Profile
« on: May 05, 2012, 11:02:33 EDT »

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/40284/some-really-early-sec-bowl-projections

Comments??..............................I think we will win 6-7 and get to a bowl game I hope..............................

Go Big Orange.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 03:42:06 EDT »

We should make it to a bowl.  If we don't, then it's new coach time all over again.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 03:54:42 EDT »

It says a lot about how far we've sunk when we return 20 starters and we're not even picked to go to a bowl.  It wasn't long ago that if we returned this many, we'd be talking national championship. 

That said, I'll be surprised if we don't go bowling.  In fact, we should be playing on New Years Day.  That's my expectation.

ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

Time is best spent with family and friends.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 04:18:40 EDT »

We should make it to a bowl.  If we don't, then it's new coach time all over again.

FOR SURE!

Go Big Orange.
volmeister
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2012, 04:20:28 EDT »

It says a lot about how far we've sunk when we return 20 starters and we're not even picked to go to a bowl.  It wasn't long ago that if we returned this many, we'd be talking national championship. 

That said, I'll be surprised if we don't go bowling.  In fact, we should be playing on New Years Day.  That's my expectation.

Has the SEC added any bowls since expansion? We could conceivably have a winning record and still not go bowling.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2012, 05:45:37 EDT »

Has the SEC added any bowls since expansion? We could conceivably have a winning record and still not go bowling.

If we have a winning record, we'll go bowling, even if it's at someone else's expense.  We're still Tennessee, and even if we're down now, we're still a name brand with a big fanbase.  If it comes down to a choice between us and MSU or Vandy or Mizzou we'll get the nod.  It's all about TV ratings and selling tickets.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: