VTTW Board Index
May 17, 2024, 04:14:47 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Decent preview of the game  (Read 2000 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: March 27, 2014, 05:29:42 EDT »

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/27/sweet-16-preview-no-2-michigan-vs-no-11-tennessee/

I don't think there is any doubt Richardson guards Stauskas, but we will see.  And I disagree with the author...I think that's the key matchup, but I completely agree that Maymon-Robinson is also crucial

I hadn't thought about Morgan getting in foul trouble....he's right, if that happens, Michigan is in deep shizzle  

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 09:23:55 EDT »

I suspect that michigan will try to drive the ball more than usual early to try and get Stokes and Maymon in foul trouble. The Maymon matchup will likely be where this is tried to see if Stokes will help to get him in foul trouble. I also expect their big man to flop like a fish early to try and get a cheap foul on Stokes. They will still shoot plenty of 3's but I just expect this to be part of their gameplan also. 
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 01:01:58 EDT »

I only saw a snippet of the UM/tx game, so I don't know how the fouls ended up.  But at one point near the end of the first half, Michigan was in the double bonus, and had yet to commit a foul themselves.  If that's the kind of whistle we can expect tomorrow, we don't have a prayer.  I think/hope it won't be that way, because I'm sure we'll take it to the paint more than they did.  Still, it's something to think about.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 07:12:52 EDT »

I only saw a snippet of the UM/tx game, so I don't know how the fouls ended up.  But at one point near the end of the first half, Michigan was in the double bonus, and had yet to commit a foul themselves.  If that's the kind of whistle we can expect tomorrow, we don't have a prayer.  I think/hope it won't be that way, because I'm sure we'll take it to the paint more than they did.  Still, it's something to think about.

Yeah, I'm kind of worried about that because I think CBS is drooling at a Michigan Louisville rematch.

But I guess one good thing is, they won't know if Louisville is in it yet or not. 

FTR, it was 16-12 on fouls.

I'm not that worried about Stokes and Maymon getting in foul trouble.  It hasn't happened all tourney, and the fact that there are two of them helps.  Even if they do, Reese is pretty good at clogging the lane, and while he is not a great offensive threat, neither is Maymon to be honest.

Stokes has probaby been burned a few times trying to avoid fouls,  but that might be a good thing.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: