VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 08:14:52 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Reported that Von Bell and Carl Lawson both set OVs to Vols  (Read 4805 times)
FranklinVol
Special Teamer

View Profile
« on: December 18, 2012, 04:07:23 EST »

Von Bell '13 S prospect from Chattanooga and Carl Lawson 5 star '13 DE prospect are both reportedly setting official visits to the Hill. January 25th for VB and 11th for Lawson.  This is VERY encouraging if true.  Both consensus 5 star prospects.  VB is supposed to be a long time Vol fan that DD and staff basically did not pursue and Saban and Meyer are atop his leaderboard. Lawson is an Auburn commit I think, but primary recruiter is now on staff here. Strong steps in the right direction if accurate info. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 04:11:17 EST »

Outstanding!  We need both these guys.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 04:40:27 EST »

OH YES,I hope they like what They see!!!

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
UTnbama
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 05:36:42 EST »

Way to go CBJ! 
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 05:42:31 EST »

Way to go CBJ! 

At least Butch seems to be an energetic recruiter!

tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2012, 05:50:08 EST »

I will never understand why Dooley over-looked the recruits from Tennessee.
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2012, 05:59:28 EST »

I will never understand why Dooley over-looked the recruits from Tennessee.

Vonn Bell technically is from Rossville,Georgia

101stDad
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2012, 06:07:17 EST »

Happy we are getting a visit, but I would much prefer the last visit weekend before signing day, which will be the weekend of Feb. 2 and 3. 

Signing day is on February 6 this year. 
FranklinVol
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2012, 07:05:00 EST »

Vonn Bell technically is from Rossville,Georgia

Yup.  I should've said Chattanooga area.
FranklinVol
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2012, 07:07:26 EST »

Happy we are getting a visit, but I would much prefer the last visit weekend before signing day, which will be the weekend of Feb. 2 and 3. 

Signing day is on February 6 this year. 

Agree, but word is that he is taking 3 OVs.  Bama, OSU and us.  We are getting the third visit.  There is a lot of concern that he might never get to us, as he apparently said at one point that he would announce right after the season ended, then changed his mind.  I hope we played a part in getting him to change that plan.  We have a look at it if he makes it to campus, which is more than you could say before DD got fired.
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2012, 07:21:50 EST »

Agree, but word is that he is taking 3 OVs.  Bama, OSU and us.  We are getting the third visit.  There is a lot of concern that he might never get to us, as he apparently said at one point that he would announce right after the season ended, then changed his mind.  I hope we played a part in getting him to change that plan.  We have a look at it if he makes it to campus, which is more than you could say before DD got fired.

I think Butch will get things eventually turned around. He puts energy into recruiting and thats what You have to do to get Tennessee back in the upper eshelon of the SEC

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2012, 07:47:51 EST »

The TFP article stated that Vonn Bell was very upset at how Dooley handled - or did not handle - his recruitment.   You have to figure a new coach gives us a shot, and maybe a very good one.  He reportedly grew up as a pretty big Vols fan.   

He can also step right in and help, which he probably can't do at bammer.   Can't speak for OSU, but it's a long way from home, and cold and Urban is kind of a dick IYAM.  And oh yeah....Saban goes beyond being  a dick.  He's a total a__hole.   One thing is for sure...if Bell doesn't fit Saban's plans or has trouble coming back from an injury, Saban will kick him to the curb in a New York minute.   

He is best served IMO by going to UT.  We need him much, much worse than bammer or OSU, and it's by far the easiest trip for his momma. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2012, 10:00:40 EST »

The TFP article stated that Vonn Bell was very upset at how Dooley handled - or did not handle - his recruitment.   You have to figure a new coach gives us a shot, and maybe a very good one.  He reportedly grew up as a pretty big Vols fan.   

He can also step right in and help, which he probably can't do at bammer.   Can't speak for OSU, but it's a long way from home, and cold and Urban is kind of a dick IYAM.  And oh yeah....Saban goes beyond being  a dick.  He's a total a__hole.   One thing is for sure...if Bell doesn't fit Saban's plans or has trouble coming back from an injury, Saban will kick him to the curb in a New York minute.   

He is best served IMO by going to UT.  We need him much, much worse than bammer or OSU, and it's by far the easiest trip for his momma. 

It would be nice to have another Eric Berry level player at DB

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: