VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 06:30:48 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you drinking IT yet?  (Read 5125 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: December 20, 2012, 11:50:08 EST »

http://risetothetop.com

OTOH, the video reminded me when we were "all in" this year
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 12:12:08 EST by PirateVOL » Logged

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 12:30:50 EST »

Unfinished business!  Carry the fight!  IT'S TIME!

101stDad
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 01:36:59 EST »

Unfinished business!  Carry the fight!  IT'S TIME!

Better be sure your air conditioner is in working order.  Going to be really hot tomorrow.   
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 02:33:54 EST »

Interesting. Weather forecast calling for snow tomorrow.

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 04:05:15 EST »

I'm all about supporting the coach and giving him a chance but I heard him on the radio yesterday talking about being a UT fan as a kid growing up in Michigan and I think he is selling too hard.
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2012, 04:14:03 EST »

Excuse me while I take my ORANGE colored glasses off!
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2012, 04:18:21 EST »

I'm already in His camp and I'll be satisfied if He can Coach Tennessee to Bowl games every season

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2012, 04:25:48 EST »

I'm all about supporting the coach and giving him a chance but I heard him on the radio yesterday talking about being a UT fan as a kid growing up in Michigan and I think he is selling too hard.

I've thought that too, but I bet the further removed we are from his hiring the less thickly he'll lay it on. He probably feels like he really has to endear himself to the fanbase after all the program has been through, and he's right. He's just pressing a little hard is all.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2012, 04:42:13 EST »

I've thought that too, but I bet the further removed we are from his hiring the less thickly he'll lay it on. He probably feels like he really has to endear himself to the fanbase after all the program has been through, and he's right. He's just pressing a little hard is all.

Yes...and I am jaded at this point. My biggest problem is I am pretty sure he was all maize and blue growing up and not a bit orange. He flowers over it saying he had an "affinity" for UT football growing up and I wonder where he even heard of it because I can remember listening to lord and lots of games because they weren't televised. #showmedon'tsnowme
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2012, 04:54:18 EST »

#showmedon'tsnowme

There are months and months before he can really start showing you, but he is forced to talk a lot between now and then. Don't be too jaded.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Creek Walker
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2012, 05:12:36 EST »

I don't care if he says he wore Johnny Majors underwear growing up. He turned down 3 other offers to coach here, which tells me he WANTS to be here, and that says more than I could ever say about Kiffin. And he's going out of his way to engage the fan base, which is more than I could ever say about Dooley.
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2012, 05:36:31 EST »

I don't care why he really wants to be here as long he does and does a good job. I don't need him to cheer or blow smoke.....I want him to coach.
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2012, 07:18:42 EST »

I don't care why he really wants to be here as long he does and does a good job. I don't need him to cheer or blow smoke.....I want him to coach.

I don't need that either.  But, I said well before he was hired that the program needed a "Bruce Pearl type" to energize the fans.  Only winning will be sufficient in the long run, but the job needed someone interested in the program as a whole, not just on game-day, IMO.  And, I have no reason to believe that he's blowing smoke.  I think his enthusiam is genuine.  And, he has proven that he can coach.  Whether that translates to success with Tennessee remains to be seen.  I'm glad he's being open and engaging with the fans.  I see that as a positive, and it sure is refreshing after the past couple coaches.   
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2012, 07:38:42 EST »

I wasn't denigrating him. I am glad he is putting "it" out there, I just don't need it personally. If they show up well coached and disciplined in the fall that will be good enough for me. Winning will follow the coaching and the talent. He needs more talent so he will need to pull a rabbit out of his hat sometime to keep the "magic". That is what Pearl did...he won.

if that wasn't clear enough I do agree with what you said.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: