VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 09:42:40 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bray to NFL  (Read 6920 times)
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: December 21, 2012, 01:31:45 EST »

Per Bruce Feldman.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 01:42:27 EST »

Good.  That's one guy I couldn't care less if he's back or not.
Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 02:06:45 EST »

Good.  That's one guy I couldn't care less if he's back or not.

Same here. If we could cut off his head and sew someone else's on, I'd want him back. Otherwise, let's go ahead and start grooming a new QB for the future.
Volengineer
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 02:07:22 EST »

Same here.  Ready for Worley.
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 02:17:34 EST »

Hopefully CBJ can recruit Tennessee a top shelf quarterback soon. I don't have any faith in any of the QB's Derek Dummy recruited

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2012, 02:22:45 EST »

Same here.  Ready for Worley.
Ready for Peterman

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
101stDad
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2012, 03:22:48 EST »

So, which beer company will he sign an endorsement deal for long necks with?   
CrossVol
Starter

Peyton in 2012!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2012, 03:59:41 EST »

Per Bruce Feldman.

Bray is a VFL and I appreciate his efforts.  I think this is the right thing for him and the VOLS.  It will be tough for the VOLS to have a great record next year, and this way the next quarterback can get a year under his belt with hopes of a great season the following year.

Wherever you go, there you are.
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2012, 04:04:15 EST »

Bray is a VFL and I appreciate his efforts.  I think this is the right thing for him and the VOLS.  It will be tough for the VOLS to have a great record next year, and this way the next quarterback can get a year under his belt with hopes of a great season the following year.

Without an experienced QB,I don't see Tennessee winning more than 4-5 games. I think Tennessee will be back Bowling in 2014

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
RipleyVol12
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2012, 06:35:58 EST »

Without an experienced QB,I don't see Tennessee winning more than 4-5 games. I think Tennessee will be back Bowling in 2014

Johnny Football anyone???
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2012, 03:34:44 EST »

I think it's a mistake on his part, but go Worley or Peterman!

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2012, 05:20:57 EST »

Fresh start for everyone!!  I believe the team buys in and overdoses on the orange cool-aid and comes out with a winning season and bowl game in 2013.
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2012, 06:36:33 EST »

Coach Jones and AD Hart are both on record as saying that the foundation is good, and Jones certainly is not inheriting the same mess that Dooley did.  If the Vols win only 4 or 5 games next season, I would consider that a step down and a complete failure.  I expect them to win 7 games.  And, while 6 wins would, I guess, be considered an improvement, I'd see that as hardly a step up.  Dooley could/should have won at least 7 games last season but for some lousy coaching.  I am on Jones' side, but winning only 4 or 5 games in 2013 would be unacceptable IMO.  BTW, Coach Jones said during his press conference that he recruited Peterman and it came down to UT and Cincy.  He must think that Peterman had the necessary skills (or at least potential) to run the Cincy offense.  I have a feeling that Peterman will be the starter in 2013, but that decision is a long way off.

Jones: "There's a few individuals - the Kenny Bynum's that we recruited at Cincinnati - who actually committed to us so I told them now it's payback time.  So now we're finally on the same team.  Nathan Peterman - same thing, it came down between Cincinnati and Tennessee.  I'm very familiar with about half of the roster of our football team right now."
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2012, 06:41:05 EST »

Bray has the physical tools to be successful in the NFL, but he has to mature a lot. I suspect he will be drafted 2nd to 3rd round, and be holding the clipboard a few years. If he is with the right organization and puts in the work, he could have a shot in a few years
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2012, 06:44:17 EST »

Bray has the physical tools to be successful in the NFL, but he has to mature a lot. I suspect he will be drafted 2nd to 3rd round, and be holding the clipboard a few years. If he is with the right organization and puts in the work, he could have a shot in a few years

Yeah, he definitely could have used the year to mature.  I think you nailed the draft round he will end up in, though the combine could make a difference one way or the other.

And yes, if he is patient he might be a starter someday.  Past performance does not suggest he will be, or that he will make it, but people can change.  I wish him luck.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Jedi Master
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2012, 06:55:07 EST »

I believe Worley will end up being a better QB (measured by wins) for UT than Bray, but that is only if Jones changes from read-option to pro-style.

TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2012, 07:11:46 EST »

I believe Worley will end up being a better QB (measured by wins) for UT than Bray, but that is only if Jones changes from read-option to pro-style.

Jones: "Offensively, we are going to be a team that takes care of the football.  We are going to run a no-huddle offense.  I don't like to use the term 'spread,' because I think that the word 'finesse' is associated with that.  We are going to be a physical style of offense and be a pro-style offense."
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2012, 07:30:46 EST »

I don't believe Worley will be the starting QB

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2012, 08:15:00 EST »

I think Worley is a game manager. Based on Peterman's film, he is more of a play maker and certainly much more mobile. I think he will be the starter in CBJ's offense.
101stDad
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2012, 10:31:16 EST »

I don't believe Worley will be the starting QB

Nor, do I.  Peterman's skill set seems to fit what Jones' offenses do much better than do Worley's. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: