VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 05:09:16 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Auburn is appealing the Pearl show cause  (Read 3575 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: March 18, 2014, 09:22:14 EDT »

and those who think they won't get it...

Guess who was the lead investigator in Pearl's case?

Dave Didion, who is now at Auburn, and just hired Pearl.

BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 09:49:56 EDT »

and those who think they won't get it...

Guess who was the lead investigator in Pearl's case?

Dave Didion, who is now at Auburn, and just hired Pearl.

Huge factor as you said, and due to his background in this case most helpful to Auburn. If appeal is successful, NCAA hypocrisy? There will be much written in the national press.

BG
Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 10:25:38 EDT »

Speaking of NCAA hypocrisy, did anyone read what John Pennington had to say before this hire was announced? He's trying to fuel a conspiracy theory that Didion forced Pearl out at UT so that he could eventually land at Auburn. 
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 12:25:52 EDT »

Speaking of NCAA hypocrisy, did anyone read what John Pennington had to say before this hire was announced? He's trying to fuel a conspiracy theory that Didion forced Pearl out at UT so that he could eventually land at Auburn. 

I was just about to post that.  It's interesting because John is hardly a UT homer, and he's ridiculed those who have posted conspiracy theories like that on his site in the past.

http://mrsec.com/2014/03/pearl-lands-auburn-get-ready-conflict-interest-questions-ncaa/

GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 04:18:10 EDT »

I was just about to post that.  It's interesting because John is hardly a UT homer, and he's ridiculed those who have posted conspiracy theories like that on his site in the past.

http://mrsec.com/2014/03/pearl-lands-auburn-get-ready-conflict-interest-questions-ncaa/

Like you, I don't think Pennington is a conspiracy guy at all which suggests he might have a handle on something. Haven't lived in Knoxville for about a year and haven't heard or spoken to him since then (never talked sports anyway; his aunt was a good friend of my family and me). But, he seems to be a fan of Ohio State because he worked in Columbus for a while. Despite that character flaw, I like John a lot.

G

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 04:53:37 EDT »

Like you, I don't think Pennington is a conspiracy guy at all which suggests he might have a handle on something. Haven't lived in Knoxville for about a year and haven't heard or spoken to him since then (never talked sports anyway; his aunt was a good friend of my family and me). But, he seems to be a fan of Ohio State because he worked in Columbus for a while. Despite that character flaw, I like John a lot.

G

Conspiracy or not, I'd really like 5 minutes alone with that Didion #badword#.

MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 03:35:04 EDT »

The black helicopters in the Knoxville sky has certainly been increasing recently.  I saw three flying over my house just last week. That's when I knew we had Pearl.

Bammer suxes! That is all!
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2014, 03:01:37 EDT »

Okay, after working 23hrs over the last 2 days, I've now had time to read the article. My thoughts:

This is Pennington thinking the way his brain works. He is a super intelligent guy and I see no conspiracy in his line of thinking, but he is ready for those comments to come from others and why not? There's an opening for that, for sure! Might not be a good PR move for AU in the long run or for Didion as well. This could be his last job. I have ammo for the other 9/10ths of my family who went to AU!!!! Thanks, John.

G   
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: