VTTW Board Index
May 16, 2024, 11:13:01 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 8 million a year for six years........  (Read 2379 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: December 30, 2014, 02:33:10 EST »

That's what Michigan will pay Harbaugh.

And they say that there is no money for players. And......they want to make money off of the players even after they no longer play college sports.

This has become insane. I'm all for paying people what they're worth and I understand paying what the market demands.

But this is crazy. It won't be long until a college football coach is paid 10 million a year.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 02:42:26 EST »

You know what that means, don't you?  Saban's about to get another raise.

RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 02:44:30 EST »

Satan is going to get picked up by Atlanta soon! 
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 03:51:16 EST »

You know what that means, don't you?  Saban's about to get another raise.

That wasn't lost on me, as well! Suppose that will mean all SEC coaches will get substantial raises as well. If not this year........ soon.

G
Memphisvolunteer
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2014, 03:16:42 EST »

That's what Michigan will pay Harbaugh.

And they say that there is no money for players. And......they want to make money off of the players even after they no longer play college sports.

This has become insane. I'm all for paying people what they're worth and I understand paying what the market demands.

But this is crazy. It won't be long until a college football coach is paid 10 million a year.

For Power 5 teams, the money does probably exist, but you have already seen a program like UAB shut down because of no money.  Imagine if every D-1 player was to be paid, you would see many teams fold.  Also, how do you go about paying players?  Is the stud RB and QB making more than the starting o-line or how about the 4th string QB/Lineman?  If you pay football players, do you have to pay all athletes due to Title IX?  They are alot of worms that are opened if you start paying players.  If you start paying players, could you be fired because of lack of performance like normally jobs?  And I could even go futher as saying they are already getting paid.  They are getting a free education.  They aren't coming out of school in debt and have student loans, etc.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2014, 05:12:35 EST »

Reports this morning are that the $8 million number being toss around isn't accurate.  I saw from a Michigan media source that Harbaugh will make the same money that he did at San Francisco - just over $5 million per year, and that he was more concerned that he can pay his assistants more money than he was his own number. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: