VTTW Board Index
May 21, 2024, 10:58:50 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This is crazy.  (Read 1311 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: October 19, 2021, 08:22:33 EDT »

But you have to laugh at some of the comments below the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_GC1x4v7mw

volsboyinsodak
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2021, 12:01:28 EDT »

He was short. I hate it but he was.

If he doesn’t go down without contact he makes that first down easily.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2021, 12:40:25 EDT »

He was short. I hate it but he was.

If he doesn’t go down without contact he makes that first down easily.

Your TE has to get to the sticks there....The TE must run over a smaller DB....That play should have never been bought into question. It' the difference between winning and losing...Maybe one of these days we make that play....make a long FG...do not drop a fair catch punt. Maybe.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2021, 01:00:49 EDT »

Your TE has to get to the sticks there....The TE must run over a smaller DB....That play should have never been bought into question. It' the difference between winning and losing...Maybe one of these days we make that play....make a long FG...do not drop a fair catch punt. Maybe.
I completely agree. If I’m not mistaken, we missed another 1st down earlier in the game because a receiver went down before contact (I can’t remember who the receiver was).

I also agree with your last statements, but I think that there’s a chance that our fortunes are starting to turn for the better. I hope so anyway.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2021, 01:23:20 EDT »

That's what I saw. But I doubt if any of the Jackasses that threw stuff feel really stupid. They are wrong.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 07:33:05 EDT by volsboy » Logged

volsboyinsodak
Creek Walker
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2021, 01:49:37 EDT »

That's what I saw. But I doubt if any of the Jackasses that through stuff feel really stupid. They are wrong.

I'm not defending anyone who threw stuff. I mean, I was there and I didn't throw anything. And so were about 102,000 other people.

But the camera angles being replayed inside the stadium made it appear that he got it beyond a shadow of a doubt. The Ole Miss fans in front of us were positive it should and would be over-turned. There was no replay shown on the jumbotron that gave even an inkling of a doubt to the idea that he'd reached the line to gain.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2021, 02:02:38 EDT »

I'm not defending anyone who threw stuff. I mean, I was there and I didn't throw anything. And so were about 102,000 other people.

But the camera angles being replayed inside the stadium made it appear that he got it beyond a shadow of a doubt. The Ole Miss fans in front of us were positive it should and would be over-turned. There was no replay shown on the jumbotron that gave even an inkling of a doubt to the idea that he'd reached the line to gain.
I understand completely! I wasn't there, but a friend who is a WVU fan asked me yesterday why those fans did that. He could not understand why fans would react like that when video showed the call was correct. I explained to him that inside the stadium, the jumbotron didn't show all the video that those of us watching on TV saw.

He then agreed that at first, even on TV replay, it appeared that Warren may have made the first down and that it definitely looked closer than the actual spot. The fiasco was much easier for him to understand after that.

I'm also not defending the trash throwing but as Plato said, "Perception is reality.". I also fully understand that the trash was the resonse of a very, very small percentage of the fan base.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 02:05:36 EDT by JeffCountyVolFan » Logged
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2021, 03:20:47 EDT »

What exactly would be the charge for throwing an empty water bottle, beer can, or full bottle of mustard?  wgaf? I tend to agree that he didn't make it, but many teams would get that call at home. In the end, after the loss, the trash throwing is a $250k nothing burger. It's over.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2021, 03:28:10 EDT »

He clearly stumbled while catching the ball! Durn bro.The muffed punt was YUGE! No doubt.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 03:39:20 EDT by SmokeyJoe » Logged
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2021, 03:52:48 EDT »

He clearly stumbled while catching the ball! Durn bro.The muffed punt was YUGE! No doubt.
I must respectfully disagree.  There was no stumble, imo.  I've watched it multiple times (in fact, I just went back and watched it again.)  Maybe he thought he was past the line to gain, maybe it was just poor technique in that situation, maybe it was something else, but it was not a stumble.  He was just beaten by the defender.

The 7 points that we spotted them was incredibly important.  Any time you give points away, especially after getting the stop like they did and having the opportunity to take all of the momentum early, its probably going to bite you.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2021, 04:28:55 EDT »

Having discussed all of this, if I had the chance to change just one play in the game it would be: the play where Cade is injured.

I think that if Cade stays healthy for the game, we win going away.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: