VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 05:29:11 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QB murderer's row  (Read 1725 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 23, 2018, 12:40:17 EDT »

Here are the QBs we face this year:

Grier - early season Heisman candidate and projected 1-2 round NFL pick
Tua - likely no. 1 NFL draft pick overall if he stays healthy
Fromm - sophomore with future NFL potential
Bentley - likely NFL career
Jake Lock - consensus first round NFL QB
Stidham - 1-2 round NFL draft pick in early season projections, stock may be dropping

We likely won't play Auburn or WVU next year, and we have to face Fromm and Tua again, but face it, Uga and bammer will be tough to beat next year even without those two.

I am really looking forward to the departure of Bentley (if he leaves) and Lock (will definitely leave).

We may beat Mizzou and Junior this year, but odds will go way up next year with another year for Pruitt to develop our talent and with those teams replacing their QBs. 

I want us to beat them this year though.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 01:15:00 EDT »

As of the AP poll released today we have played the 1st...7th....9th and 14th teams in the country.....And Auburn was 21st when we played them.
tngamecock
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2018, 01:20:43 EDT »

Here are the QBs we face this year:

Grier - early season Heisman candidate and projected 1-2 round NFL pick
Tua - likely no. 1 NFL draft pick overall if he stays healthy
Fromm - sophomore with future NFL potential
Bentley - likely NFL career
Jake Lock - consensus first round NFL QB
Stidham - 1-2 round NFL draft pick in early season projections, stock may be dropping

We likely won't play Auburn or WVU next year, and we have to face Fromm and Tua again, but face it, Uga and bammer will be tough to beat next year even without those two.

I am really looking forward to the departure of Bentley (if he leaves) and Lock (will definitely leave).

We may beat Mizzou and Junior this year, but odds will go way up next year with another year for Pruitt to develop our talent and with those teams replacing their QBs. 

I want us to beat them this year though.

Bentley will not be remotely going to the draft this year..........he is not ready.  He gets hot for one half per game and is still making sophomore mistakes. 
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2018, 01:40:25 EDT »

Bentley will not be remotely going to the draft this year..........he is not ready.  He gets hot for one half per game and is still making sophomore mistakes. 

With our history Bentley will be in the Heisman running after this weekend....Cannot count how many times the past decade PLUS that we've made average QBs look like All-Americans....Two years ago the Vandy QB was averaging 119 yards per game passing for the year and had 425 against us.....The next game which was their bowl game he had a whopping 84 yards passing. I could give you several more examples but it would just pi$$ me off.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2018, 03:17:28 EDT »

With our history Bentley will be in the Heisman running after this weekend....Cannot count how many times the past decade PLUS that we've made average QBs look like All-Americans....Two years ago the Vandy QB was averaging 119 yards per game passing for the year and had 425 against us.....The next game which was their bowl game he had a whopping 84 yards passing. I could give you several more examples but it would just pi$$ me off.

Pruitt might be an upgrade on that

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: