VTTW Board Index
May 17, 2024, 12:41:14 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Our secondary  (Read 1837 times)
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« on: April 10, 2012, 01:33:58 EDT »

I am not really sure what to make of this statement. 

Now the Vols hope Ansley can take what he's been taught and apply it to their own secondary.

"We knew coming in that we were going to do a lot of pressing, so our main focus was getting our technique right," said rising junior Izauea Lanier, one of four corners battling for two starting spots.

"I think it'll help because last year we [were] just out there playing the man without the technique. But Coach Ansley came in and started teaching us the technique, so I think that'll help us a lot. As a group I think we're adjusting real good. Everybody's buying in to what he wants, and the technique is going to take us a lot further than what we have been. I think everything's good."

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2012/apr/10/tennessee-vols-corners-learning-hands-on-style/?sportscollege
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 01:46:24 EDT »

I take it as him realizing they are getting back to basics in a way. Ansley is not just coaching them what to do, but how to do it....nuts and bolts kind of thing.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 02:26:14 EDT »

Don't know how they played without technique. We had a secondary coach.

ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

Time is best spent with family and friends.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 05:49:07 EDT »

They played the "let the fast guy run by you technique" alot last year................................................I HATE THAT DAMN TECHNIQUE.

Go Big Orange.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: