VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 04:12:40 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: We NEED to struggle against Georgia State... In a good way  (Read 4850 times)
10EC
« on: September 04, 2012, 06:02:45 EDT »

I sure hope the team isn't reading their own press clippings.....

Apparently, Dooley is coach of the year and we are a shoe-in for SEC East....
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 06:05:41 EDT »

I sure hope the team isn't reading their own press clippings.....

Apparently, Dooley is coach of the year and we are a shoe-in for SEC East....

I think Tennessee cruises to a 55-10 win

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 06:06:51 EDT »

Where have you seen that?  I haven't seen anything like that here, in the local papers, or on ESPN.  

FWIW, I'm guessing we'll concentrate on the running game this week, so we probably won't score as much as a lot of people think.

10EC
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 06:11:55 EDT »

Where have you seen that?  I haven't seen anything like that here, in the local papers, or on ESPN.  

FWIW, I'm guessing we'll concentrate on the running game this week, so we probably won't score as much as a lot of people think.

Much improved talk in lots of media....

Other stuff on various boards.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 06:14:48 EDT »

Improved, yes.  That's certainly reasonable to say at this point.  I haven't read other boards much, but if anyone thinks we're SEC favorites, well, then they haven't been Vol fans for very long.

RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 06:17:58 EDT »

I'm with BDV...think there will be a whole lot of running going on this weekend.  Keeping our passing attack semi covert, getting ready for the gators...I still think it's going to be a high scoring game for the VOLS...Defense will get to see alot of 2 & 3rd stringers.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 06:19:27 EDT »

A lot of fans are getting ahead of themselves, I think, but I don't see that in the media. I know Tony Basilio is pretty high on us right now and several others were impressed with Friday's win, but I think most everybody is waiting for a win over UF before they declare this team anything.

The national media and computer gurus certainly aren't that high on us (consensus 31st as of this post. Link.). The AP voters have us the 2nd team in Others Receiving Votes, so 27th. UF is 24th.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2012, 07:36:36 EDT »

would you say we're not improved?

10EC
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2012, 09:16:04 EDT »

would you say we're not improved?

I don't know yet.  No idea how good NC State is
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2012, 12:50:56 EDT »

I don't know yet.  No idea how good NC State is

I'm pretty sure they're better than UK was last year.  Thus, I would say we've improved since our last outing.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2012, 03:32:01 EDT »

FWIW, Dooley is at least on the same page as you.  I was in Ktown this weekend, and I listened to whatever talk show has Terry Fair and the Swamp Rat on the way home.   So apparently one of our lineman got OL (I think Fulton?) of the week, and Dooley was quoted as saying "I guess they had to pick someone".   He did admit to nominating the guy because he graded out well, but then he said "How do you even pick an OL of the week?  I guess because the offense did well and he graded well."  He seemed to be going out of his way to downplay the individual accomplishment.  Then when asked about CP, he said "I like the way he handled the success, really down to Earth", and then added something kind of like "you don't see him strutting around saying how great he is".   Finally, what about what he said at the end of the game? - "It's just one game".

Dooley at least is drumming it into their heads that they have to keep working.  If he learned anything from Saban then he stresses that the players should take care of their business, do the best they can, and ignore everything else like fan and media expectations.  I really hope this is their attitude.

If so, they will come out, POUND Georgia State, and then go right back to working hard, and then Lord willing, they will POUND Florida.  But only if they keep working hard and doing the things they are supposed to do.

Frankly, I would much rather they keep working and destroying other teams.  They should not need to be "scared" into playing well.  That's seems like a lame way to win.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: