VTTW Board Index
May 07, 2024, 12:00:24 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pure, unadulterated BULL shizzle!  (Read 5521 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 16, 2014, 12:20:35 EST »

The fizzleer put his head in danger
What the hell was Randolph to do??

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 12:25:39 EST »

And now we've lost him for this first half next week.  Could be HUGE.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 12:27:31 EST by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 02:26:48 EST »

The fizzleer put his head in danger
What the hell was Randolph to do??

Yeah, his momentum was going and he couldn't stop.  It's like the guy slid into him.   

I do understand why they upheld it though.  Intentional or not, it looked bad and Randolph definitely led with his helmet.  Again, not his fault, but it just was a bad optic.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2014, 02:28:03 EST »

And now we've lost him for this first half next week.  Could be HUGE.

Relax.  Mauty Mauk suxes ALMOST as bad as Driskell, we have a legit offense now, and Mizzou D, while good, is not so good as the gatah.    

WWFDT...

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2014, 02:29:27 EST »

Yeah, his momentum was going and he couldn't stop.  It's like the guy slid into him.   

I do understand why they upheld it though.  Intentional or not, it looked bad and Randolph definitely led with his helmet.  Again, not his fault, but it just was a bad optic.

I don't like the rule, but it was proper enforcement of the rule IMO.
ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

Time is best spent with family and friends.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2014, 08:12:01 EST »

He did not lead with his helmet...his shoulder clearly hit Towles in the helmet. If you have ever snapped a chin strap in place, you know exactly how much BULLshizzle A CALL LIKE THAT IS. HE WAS AT FULL SPEED WHEN TOWLES STARTED HIS SLIDE.  SO A HEAD ENDS UP WHERE A WAIST/CHEST HIGH HIT IS.
JUST A BAD CALL AND THIS IS WHERE THAT RULE IS VERY UNFAIR.
I am all for not killing a defenseless receiver looking for a pass over the middle and is blindsided...this sliding down bullshizzle is different.

Go Big Orange.
ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

Time is best spent with family and friends.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2014, 08:13:22 EST »

And if you are going to slide, don't be a dumbass. Do it before you are getting hit. That is the whole point of sliding.
Bad call by the REFS...I thought Butch was going to BUTCH SLAP ALL OF THE OFFICIALS...AND THAT WAS HIS POINT...the slide was too late for him not to get hit on.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 08:15:42 EST by ChattanoogaVol » Logged

Go Big Orange.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2014, 10:03:43 EST »

I don't like the rule, but it was proper enforcement of the rule IMO.
when he left the pocket he should have forfeited the pansie tutu rules.

Just what the HELL was Randolph supposed to do?  he goes low, leads with his shoulder and the pussy slides AFTER he starts with the hit?????????

He was NOT, repeat NOT DEFENSELESS
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 10:09:19 EST by PirateVOL » Logged

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2014, 10:36:00 EST »

when he left the pocket he should have forfeited the pansie tutu rules.

Just what the HELL was Randolph supposed to do?  he goes low, leads with his shoulder and the pussy slides AFTER he starts with the hit?????????

He was NOT, repeat NOT DEFENSELESS

Watch the video replay and ask yourself, if you were an official, how would you rule?  Both at full speed and slow speed, it looked awful.  Randolph did not intend to target him and got screwed, but I do understand how the officials upheld it.  Sitting in the stadium, I can see how a perspective might differ.   

It does suck that we lose Randolph though.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2014, 08:44:13 EST »

Mauk is a hell of a lot better than Driskel.

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2014, 08:59:10 EST »

Mauk is a hell of a lot better than Driskel.

Marginally better, IMO. QBR:

Josh Dobbs: 88.6
Justin Worley: 57.5
Maty Mauk: 46.0
Jeff Driskel: 40.2

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2014, 09:10:41 EST »

Marginally better, IMO. QBR:

Josh Dobbs: 88.6
Justin Worley: 57.5
Maty Mauk: 46.0
Jeff Driskel: 40.2

meh... I'd take those with an ocean full of salt. Mauk is much more of a leader. Now, he isn't playing as well this year as last year, but when he needs to get it done, he does. Driskel is terrible all the way around.

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2014, 09:18:02 EST »

meh... I'd take those with an ocean full of salt. Mauk is much more of a leader. Now, he isn't playing as well this year as last year, but when he needs to get it done, he does. Driskel is terrible all the way around.

Mauk was much better than Driskel a year ago, but not really this year. Also, I mainly wanted to point out that his QBR is lower than Worley's and much, much lower than Dobbs's.

Here's another fun stat: Mauk had an adjusted QBR over 80 in exactly one game this year (UCF, 87.8) and had just one other game over 70 (Kentucky, 70.2). Dobbs has been over 80 in all three games he has played so far (86.5, 86.4, 94.7).

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2014, 11:06:12 EST »

Have you seen him play this year?  He's god-awful, period dot.  You say he gets it done when it counts...he's the primary reason they lost to Indiana and got blanked by Uga.  So yeah, he gets it done all right...just not for HIS team.   

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2014, 10:06:05 EST »

He has been much worse this year than last for sure. yeah I have seen him. I saw him play well against aTm in 1 qtr, he is very inconsistent.

Still, much better than Driskel, who is terrible pretty much all the time.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: