VTTW Board Index
May 13, 2024, 06:52:10 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I didn't realize Bill Battle was on the 1961 bammer MNC team  (Read 2846 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: March 22, 2013, 12:34:09 EDT »

Heck, I had even forgotten that he played for bammer at all.

Also of interest to me, his first cousin Tommy Battle is the mayor of Huntsville.  So if I see the mayor around town sometime, maybe I can harass him about being pro bammer.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 12:54:03 EDT »

I'll be honest.  I didn't even realize Bill Battle was still alive.  He coached before my time, and apparently never returned to coaching after he left UT.  Since I never heard about him anymore, I just assumed he was gone.

RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 01:44:06 EDT »

His son used to live across the street from me in Austell GA...they weren't big fans of UT after the e way his dad was treated....but he was a very nice young man!

GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 04:54:31 EDT »

I don't see Battle at ua. He's still in Knoxville and making serious bucks doing college merchandising.

G
101stDad
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 05:21:44 EDT »

I don't see Battle at ua. He's still in Knoxville and making serious bucks doing college merchandising.

G

Battle hasn't live in Knoxville since shortly after he was fired.  He's was in the Atlanta area for years while he was running Collegiate Licensing. 
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2013, 04:55:19 EDT »

Battle hasn't live in Knoxville since shortly after he was fired.  He's was in the Atlanta area for years while he was running Collegiate Licensing. 
Yep, and that experience in running that company is probably the biggest reason he is now AD.

BG
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2013, 05:00:23 EDT »

Didn't know. Assumed he was still around town because I'd see him now and again.

G
Jedi Master
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2013, 05:26:40 EDT »

Yep, and that experience in running that company is probably the biggest reason he is now AD.

Agree.  I will say that I have loosely followed his licensing career (post-coaching), and I am very impressed with his achievements.  He is an excellent businessman.   (That said, not sure how long he will be at Bama given his age.)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: