VTTW Board Index
May 04, 2024, 05:03:30 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: We're gonna end up with Chad Morris. Just watch.*  (Read 3403 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 29, 2017, 11:17:05 EST »

FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 12:09:24 EST »

yup 

11B4PJ3F7
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 12:25:39 EST »

And HC experience or not, how would Tee be any worse?  He wants the job.  Just go get him.  It isn't that hard.

FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 01:31:05 EST »

And HC experience or not, how would Tee be any worse?  He wants the job.  Just go get him.  It isn't that hard.

I'm ready to say pull the trigger on Tee too, because the other options are just horrid. It would be Currie's smartest move, because with Tee comes patience from the fan base due to known lack of experience and  the ring he wears. Give him a LONG term contract, to the tune of 6 or more years & lots of money to get a great staff. With the commitment in years and money, he could then lure in the help he would need without the fear associated with the puppeteer Haslem

11B4PJ3F7
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2017, 03:03:20 EST »

No to Morris and Doeren. Leach, Kiffin, Norvell, and Tee would be fine.

I wish Tee had two or three more years of experience, but IF he's great administratively he'll be fine.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2017, 03:09:08 EST »

I do not see the infatuation with Tee
I get he is a VFL
However, he is damn young and inexperienced for what proports to be a major program
also, his offenses aren’t all fat

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2017, 03:15:51 EST »

I do not see the infatuation with Tee
I get he is a VFL
However, he is damn young and inexperienced for what proports to be a major program
also, his offenses aren’t all fat

oh pipe down, patch eye

If Brohm truly is out of the picture, leach maybe? I've lost track of who's in and who's out. As for Tee, yes, young, but he would be passionate and he would at least bring the fanbase back in from the pasture

11B4PJ3F7
Cobbvol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2017, 03:30:17 EST »

I can gravitate to Morris if need be. I think Tee is 3-5 years away from a HC position. I remember that USC took the play calling away from Tee after the Alabama game and I don't know if he ever got them back. If he is not calling plays and an OC just in name only helping to develop the game plan, then that is a major concern.

We may have one more shot to throw the $6-7M number around this week because it looks like we want to be able to trot someone out during the SEC Championship game. If it fails which I think it will due to the neutered AD, then we should go back to Knoxville and re-group as best we can. Then on Sunday, someone needs to go see the likes of Morris, Durkin, Bobo, Pruitt, and/or Venables to end this nightmare by Monday evening.

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2017, 04:05:53 EST »

What is the appeal for Morris? SMU was 7-5. Who's the North Dakota State coach? Chris Klieman. He would be more accomplished. Especially if he could get another Carson Wentz type at QB. He just signed a 6 year extension though.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 04:41:35 EST by volsboy » Logged

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2017, 04:15:17 EST »

Leach >>> Morris

I'd take Tee over Morris and soem of the other names thrown around.  I recall that in 2013, Fedora was far from my first choice but I did have him ahead of Butch.  The bloom is a bit off Fedora now, but I'd still take him over Morris.  In other words, no Morris!

Here is a list that Tamu is considering.  They can take Moorhead off, he's going to MSU.   

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/news/texas-am-football-coach-candidates-search-rumors-kevin-sumlin-les-miles-chad-morris/7t3c96x1lid11h61uvhl3o9cj

Morris is on there...some names not considered here.  All have ties on that side of the South, but having ties in Texas might be good for a Tennessee coach,no?

The only one I might consider is the Ark State guy.  That did work out pretty well for Auburn.  Then again, he's not Malzahn.  I'm not sure if the above list has any real relation to Tamu search or is just an author grabbing at straws, but I look at that list and feel slightly better about our prospects.     Just slightly though.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2017, 05:13:42 EST »

Tee would be okay but they would absolutely have to hire some stellar assistants for him. And if they did, would he be running the show or would the experienced assistants?

volsboyinsodak
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: