VTTW Board Index
May 07, 2024, 12:37:08 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It's a good thing the Shockers had a 20 point lead.....  (Read 1649 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: March 31, 2013, 03:56:01 EDT »

.......because they needed every bit of it.

They realized that they were so close to the Final Four and lost focus. Their sphincters tightened up and they almost blew it. That three pointer settled them down. Almost too late.

And Aaron Craft can suck it.

Sorry, but I'm bitter.   
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 04:04:02 EDT »

.......because they needed every bit of it.

They realized that they were so close to the Final Four and lost focus. Their sphincters tightened up and they almost blew it. That three pointer settled them down. Almost too late.

And Aaron Craft can suck it.

Sorry, but I'm bitter.   

I would've loved to see what Craft would've done in Bruce Pearl's system.  He was that elusive team-first PG that Bruce could never quite close the deal with.  Just imagine him dishing to Harris, J-Mac, and Stokes.  I dare say we would've won it all with him running our offense and defending like a madman.

I'm a big fan of Craft's game.  But since he saw fit to stab us in the back, he can go to hell.

droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 04:55:26 EDT »

Regarding this subject..... Do I have this right? Pearl has a get-together for recruits and their families/fathers at his house. Aaron Craft and his father show up. If they attend, it's an NCAA violation. He lets them attend, violates the rule, gets confronted by the NCAA and lies about it. End of story for Pearl.

My question: What were the Crafts doing there in the first place?
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 07:11:22 EDT »

It's always been my understanding that Bruce had invited them. I could be wrong about that, though. Seems I read somewhere that Bruce even said that they were victims, and he should have informed them that it was a violation for them to attend the cookout. Again, though, I could be remembering wrong.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013, 08:46:41 EDT »

Regarding this subject..... Do I have this right? Pearl has a get-together for recruits and their families/fathers at his house. Aaron Craft and his father show up. If they attend, it's an NCAA violation. He lets them attend, violates the rule, gets confronted by the NCAA and lies about it. End of story for Pearl.

All true, but you're leaving out the part about how the NCAA acquired the pictorial evidence in the first place.  After Craft decommitted and signed with OSU, he and his father turned the pic over to Matta, who in turn ratted us out.  While that's not confirmed, it's generally accepted as truth, and Craft has even alluded to it in interviews.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: