VTTW Board Index
May 15, 2024, 11:58:41 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fleaed From Another Board  (Read 2890 times)
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« on: August 08, 2012, 01:50:46 EDT »

More fuel for the fires of beating the crap out of the disrespecters......

http://www.dawgsports.com/2012/8/5/3219572/georgia-bulldogs-2012-season-preview-the-tennessee-volunteers

Frankly after reading this the author should go and change his name to LUDICROUS!!!!!!!!

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 03:28:39 EDT »

This article is living proof of what happens when you smoke crack!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 03:56:02 EDT »

Well let's take care of NC State first.   Otherwise we deserve the disrespect. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 04:31:33 EDT »

Well let's take care of NC State first.   Otherwise we deserve the disrespect. 

I'm pretty much with you on this. The author is perhaps a little ignorant of the UT football team, as most partisan writers would be, but the lack of respect and the prediction of a lopsided win are totally understandable with where our program has been the last 4 years. We would be predicting the same and be just as derisive if the tables were turned.

We have so much to prove between now and then that most of this crap is just noise.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 04:34:05 EDT »

We are 23-27 overall since 2008, so... 

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Ridge Runner
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 08:08:24 EDT »

I'm pretty much with you on this. The author is perhaps a little ignorant of the UT football team, as most partisan writers would be, but the lack of respect and the prediction of a lopsided win are totally understandable with where our program has been the last 4 years. We would be predicting the same and be just as derisive if the tables were turned.

We have so much to prove between now and then that most of this crap is just noise.

Yeah, and I don't even really know where he's that far off base. I thought the most controversial things he said were about Bray, but it's true that  Bray can get rattled in games and make some truly bone-headed decisions, and the comments about his off-field troubles he brought on himself. He did say our D should be much better and that we had good players in the passing game. I thought the 3 TD spread was a bit much, but not totally unrealisitic. The thing that upset me most about the article was his picking on Smokey, as if anyone who rooted for a school with that Bulldog as a mascot has any room to call anyone else's mascot ugly.   
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2012, 01:31:59 EDT »

Yeah, and I don't even really know where he's that far off base. I thought the most controversial things he said were about Bray, but it's true that  Bray can get rattled in games and make some truly bone-headed decisions, and the comments about his off-field troubles he brought on himself. He did say our D should be much better and that we had good players in the passing game. I thought the 3 TD spread was a bit much, but not totally unrealisitic. The thing that upset me most about the article was his picking on Smokey, as if anyone who rooted for a school with that Bulldog as a mascot has any room to call anyone else's mascot ugly.   

No kidding. A bluetick is a fine hound...and a good one is worth its weight in gold to its owner. A bulldog is good for . . . well, I'm not sure what a bulldog is good for. And I've never seen anyone charged in court for shooting someone's $8,000 bulldog. 

Who cares what fans from other teams think? There's one way to shut 'em up, and that's to beat 'em. I did like the little infographic though. Run the ba ball effectively, win the turnover battle, win on special teams, and SCORE MORE POINTS THAN TENNESSEE and that will equal victory. Well thank you Captain Obvious. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: