VTTW Board Index
May 18, 2024, 03:41:17 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I didn't realize how well Auburn has been recruiting  (Read 1279 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 09, 2013, 11:50:39 EST »

By Rivals rankings, their last four classes rank 4, 7, 10, and 8.  And just about all of those guys were recruited for Malzahn's system- which not only cuts down on the learning curve, it also cuts down on the attrition that typically follows a coaching change. 

This is to take nothing away from Malzahn- he's tapped the potential of these players where Chizik couldn't.  But clearly, he hasn't faced nearly the same obstacles as the other new coaches in this league.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 04:32:58 EST »

By Rivals rankings, their last four classes rank 4, 7, 10, and 8.  And just about all of those guys were recruited for Malzahn's system- which not only cuts down on the learning curve, it also cuts down on the attrition that typically follows a coaching change. 

This is to take nothing away from Malzahn- he's tapped the potential of these players where Chizik couldn't.  But clearly, he hasn't faced nearly the same obstacles as the other new coaches in this league.

Yes, and frankly he was really the main reason that Auburn succeeded in 2010...it was his offense, IMO.

I have pointed this out before, but Auburn was nearly dead last in the NCAA in scoring offense in 2008 (right down there with us... ).

Malzahn took pretty much the same players in 2009 and they finished in the top 30...something like 28th I think, in scoring offense.  I was very impressed.  Frankly, as good as Cam Newton is, I don't think they run the table in 2010 without Malzahn.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: