VTTW Board Index
May 08, 2024, 07:01:49 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Screw it. This one's over. Two home games coming up...  (Read 3469 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 03, 2013, 02:55:41 EST »

...and if I'm Dave Hart, I keep a close eye on sections D-K.  If I see huge swaths of empty seats again, I cut next season's student allotment by 20%.  These upcoming games are HUGE for our program, and if our students can't get off their deadbeat asses and make it 3 fizzleing blocks down the street to support this team, then give their seats to people who will.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 02:58:06 EST »

...and if I'm Dave Hart, I keep a close eye on sections D-K.  If I see huge swaths of empty seats again, I cut next season's student allotment by 20%.  These upcoming games are HUGE for our program, and if our students can't get off their deadbeat asses and make it 3 fizzleing blocks down the street to support this team, then give their seats to people who will.

You know nothing's going to change for these remaining games.  Trust me, I'm with you.  But if they didn't care before they're sure not going to care now.  I bet most of them couldn't care less if the student allotment is cut.   
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 02:58:50 EST »

Don't think its just the students is it?
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 03:02:30 EST »

I see what you're saying, but if the student allotment gets cut it's not like anyone else is going to buy them. We don't come close to selling the seats we have. It's entertainment, and if the product is deemed less entertaining than other options people won't come.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2013, 03:05:42 EST »

I see what you're saying, but if the student allotment gets cut it's not like anyone else is going to buy them. We don't come close to selling the seats we have. It's entertainment, and if the product is deemed less entertaining than other options people won't come.

Yup. Hart and company aren't going to be able to guilt trip people into coming.  Just doesn't work that way.
Creek Walker
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2013, 03:10:16 EST »

Yup. Hart and company aren't going to be able to guilt trip people into coming.  Just doesn't work that way.

That may be true, but at least give fans option of buying seats in DD instead of MM. Those sections sitting there nearly empty are an embarrassment and there's no excuse for continuing to allot those tickets if the students aren't going to use them.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2013, 03:15:23 EST »

You see empties here and there throughout the stadium, but the only places you see entire empty sections are in the students' and visitors' seating areas.  

Speaking of visitors' seating, if the SEC is really concerned about declining attendance, they could improve the seats that schools give to their visitors.  Most schools (including UT) now stick the bulk of their visitors in the absolute worst seats in the stadium (Where we sat at bammer last week, the game was really nothing more than a faint rumor.  Worst seats I've ever had, anywhere).  Why travel hundreds of miles just to sit in the clouds when you can stay home and watch in HD?  When the visiting team is returning thousands of tickets just a few days before the game, the home team is going to be hard-pressed to sell them all in time.

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2013, 03:17:15 EST »

Giving fans the option of better seats makes some sense. I can see that.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2013, 02:07:34 EST »

That may be true, but at least give fans option of buying seats in DD instead of MM. Those sections sitting there nearly empty are an embarrassment and there's no excuse for continuing to allot those tickets if the students aren't going to use them.
move from BB to DD
Yeah I'd move (for the same bribe/donation level)

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2013, 04:06:44 EST »

I say quit charging the students for tickets.  They already pay a hefty activities fee and the additional amount they pay for tickets is less than 1% of revenue for the AD.  The decision to charge for student tickets was a typical penny-wise pound-foolish Hamilton move.  I would be willing to bet that if it were reversed students would fill almost all the seats.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2013, 04:24:20 EST »

I say quit charging the students for tickets.  They already pay a hefty activities fee and the additional amount they pay for tickets is less than 1% of revenue for the AD.  The decision to charge for student tickets was a typical penny-wise pound-foolish Hamilton move.  I would be willing to bet that if it were reversed students would fill almost all the seats.

Exactly. Dumbass "business" decision.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: