VTTW Board Index
May 04, 2024, 01:19:26 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: James Madison leading UVA 17-7  (Read 471 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2023, 07:24:25 EDT »

I knew Virginia was bad, but our win may be even less impressive than I thought.  Today won't really be a test either, so maybe next week we find out a bit more about our team. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2023, 08:41:14 EDT »

28-24 UVA nearing end of 3rd. UVA was favored -3.5. Game is going about as expected at this point.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2023, 08:45:19 EDT »

Hold up the spread was James Madison -6.0    IDK where I got the odds above.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2023, 08:46:39 EDT »

35-24 end 3rd! UVA is way over achieving 
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2023, 08:58:59 EDT »

These types of games are almost always about us more than the opponent. And other than a short dry spell in the first half when Milton was off target, we got pretty much whatever we wanted offensively. All but 3 of their points came in garbage time. Make no mistake, we could?ve named our score in that game. And that?s with us going very vanilla, while JMU (arguably the 2nd best FCS team in the country recently) is probably pulling out all the stops against their big in-state brother.

In short, I?m not overly concerned.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2023, 09:03:58 EDT »

Also, while they?re our only P5 opponent this year, UVA is probably only our 3rd toughest OOC game. UTSA is definitely better (they might make a NY6 game) and UConn probably is, too.

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2023, 10:42:19 EDT »

36-35 JMU 45 seconds left lol 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2023, 11:10:28 EDT »

I'm not taking anything for granted with this team until we play a tougher opponent.

Which Florida...might be.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2023, 07:07:14 EDT »

JMU has an extremely good football program.  They went  8-3 in 2022 in their first season as an FBS team. The only reason they didn't go to a bowl game last season is the stupid NCAA transition rule to ensure that new teams to the FBS play a true FBS schedule within three seasons.  The fact is that JMU's schedule in 2022 was already fully FBS compliant, but the rule couldn't be waived. Yes, the Sun Belt Conference isn't the SEC, but I think JMU will be winning even more games they're expected to lose as a still new FBS team.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: