VTTW Board Index
May 13, 2024, 12:46:44 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Per my pick-a-nickname friend  (Read 1627 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: December 14, 2020, 02:58:19 EST »

Sounds like Cristobal or Nappier

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2020, 03:30:22 EST »

Cristobal would be a good hire. Napier too.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2020, 03:36:24 EST »

Cristobal would be a good hire. Napier too.

Yep.

In a way, Freeze to Aub seems similar to Gus... So you'd kinda think they'd have something else in mind.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2020, 04:18:18 EST »

Hopefully it's not Napier because I want him here.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2020, 04:10:02 EST »

Hopefully it's not Napier because I want him here.

There's no way we're making a change this year ... and I'm not so sure there's much Pruitt could do that would put himself into jeopardy next year, either. The more I listen to Fulmer, the more I think Bill may be correct in his assessment that Pruitt and Fulmer are hopelessly tethered to one another. If that's the case, it's going to have to get bad enough for the higher powers to force out Fulmer, and I'm not sure that can happen in just one more year.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2020, 04:49:07 EST »

Yikes Creek. Fulmer was never a good supporting cast member, but making a good change is his lifeline. If he neglects to do so he's hitting Marie Antoinette levels of stupidity.

Hope you're feeling better.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2020, 04:57:05 EST »

Hearing that Kevin Steele has a lot of support among some of the big money types at Auburn.  Don't count him out. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Creek Walker
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2020, 05:13:43 EST »

Yikes Creek. Fulmer was never a good supporting cast member, but making a good change is his lifeline. If he neglects to do so he's hitting Marie Antoinette levels of stupidity.

Hope you're feeling better.

I mean I'd love to be wrong. This AD needs stability more than anything right now. Fulmer sounds like he's firmly behind Pruitt despite everything that's gone wrong ... and we all (well not all of us but many of us) had suspicions from the beginning that Fulmer hired Pruitt because he wanted someone who conformed to his beliefs about the game and who he could control. If that's true, he's sure not going to be eager to get rid of him under any circumstance.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2020, 05:27:17 EST »

I mean I'd love to be wrong. This AD needs stability more than anything right now. Fulmer sounds like he's firmly behind Pruitt despite everything that's gone wrong ... and we all (well not all of us but many of us) had suspicions from the beginning that Fulmer hired Pruitt because he wanted someone who conformed to his beliefs about the game and who he could control. If that's true, he's sure not going to be eager to get rid of him under any circumstance.

But you are assuming that this is Fulmer's call.  I don't believe that to be the case at all.  

And Fulmer is tied to Pruitt.  He was his hire and his hire alone, and it's not working out.  I've talked to a lot of folks with more knowledge than I who are of the belief that when Pruitt goes, Fulmer goes as well.  Several of the power brokers aren't happy that Fulmer took it upon himself to give both himself and Pruitt a raise and extension back when the pandemic began.  That's just not a good look for Fulmer, given that the layoffs and pay cuts within the UTAD had already began in earnest.  

And an edit:

The much publicized "pay cut" that Fulmer volunteered for, by the way, but just on his base of $350K.  The rest of the million plus wasn't included in the cut. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: