VTTW Board Index
May 02, 2024, 01:39:40 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Really interesting weekend of SEC football  (Read 552 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 03, 2022, 12:32:29 EDT »

Bryce Young was injured and may or may not be out for the next game

mizzou almost upset uga

Auburn almost upset LSU

Texas A&M got routed by MSU

All of the above are probably in some way good for the Vols.  Even if Bryce plays, if he's not 100% its a big help. Bammer doesn't have either an RB or WR in that elite class (though what they have is plenty talented, just not next level "picked in first 5 of draft" type talent) that can carry them without Bryce, thus we have a better shot perhaps.

Uga is playing really uninspired right now, and Kirby continues to make excuses instead of call them out, which I like.  If they keep playing like this it's definitely possible.

Most important, since it's the next game, Auburn gave LSU a big scare, which build some confidence that we can take them down there.

Kind of a side note...since Tamu really seems to sux, bammer should be expected to blow them out even if Bryce doesn't play. So it's all downside for bammer. If they blow them out, no big deal, at this point its expected, but if Tamu somehow gives them a game and keeps it close, that could erode bammer's confidence coming into our game.  And BTW bammer hasn't been playing as well on the road).  I know they came through in the 4th, but that seemed more like a complete breakdown by Arkansas to me, than anything bammer did.

Anyway, bottom line, for a bye week a lot happened that on the surface seems favorable to Vols.

Can't wait for noon Eastern on Saturday.  In the past going back several years, I probably would have dreaded the game if anything. It's a nice change.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2022, 01:22:04 EDT »

I want A&M to implode so bad that Jimbo gets shizzlecanned. Then it will be open season on that ridiculous class they signed last year. Walter Nolen (and others), come on down!

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2022, 02:02:01 EDT »

I want A&M to implode so bad that Jimbo gets shizzlecanned. Then it will be open season on that ridiculous class they signed last year. Walter Nolen (and others), come on down!
Do.NOT,Want.Nolen
Head case

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2022, 02:42:13 EDT »

Do.NOT,Want.Nolen
Head case

Isn't just about every DL a head case?  Isn't that what you want in a DL? 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2022, 02:55:12 EDT »

Isn't just about every DL a head case?  Isn't that what you want in a DL? 
Trust me, he would be BAD for the culture

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Creek Walker
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2022, 03:48:18 EDT »

The Alabama game was entertaining as heck but, let's face it: If Young doesn't get hurt, it never becomes an interesting game in the third quarter.

The UGA game, on the other hand, was interesting. Missouri's defensive game plan was spectacular. They brought a shizzle ton of pressure all night, and it worked...one of the worst team's in the SEC nearly knocked off the SEC's best team.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2022, 03:54:07 EDT »

The Alabama game was entertaining as heck but, let's face it: If Young doesn't get hurt, it never becomes an interesting game in the third quarter.

The UGA game, on the other hand, was interesting. Missouri's defensive game plan was spectacular. They brought a shizzle ton of pressure all night, and it worked...one of the worst team's in the SEC nearly knocked off the SEC's best team.

I would sacrifice a distant relative to win ONE of those games. I have some cousins that I don't really care for anyway.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2022, 06:37:28 EDT »

Yes this is very true.  But it's possible he might not be available for our game, and even if he is, may not be 100%.

The last time we even smelled a win against them was the infamous "JG audible" game.  IIRC, Tua was hurt?  Or did I get that wrong?

FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2022, 01:33:02 EDT »

I would sacrifice a distant relative to win ONE of those games. I have some cousins that I don't really care for anyway.

lol

11B4PJ3F7
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: