VTTW Board Index
May 14, 2024, 01:55:44 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Speaking of coaches on the hot seat  (Read 2774 times)
Creek Walker
« on: October 30, 2012, 11:45:58 EDT »

Has college football ever seen a more spectacular fall from grace than Gene Chizik? I remember the Auburn fans booing when his hire was announced and thinking that I couldn't much blame them; I would've felt a little like booing too if he were my coach. At face value the hire looked terrible. Then he shut up all his critics by winning a national championship in just two seasons. Two seasons after that Auburn is one of the worst teams in the SEC.

So is Cam Newton the most important single team player in the history of CFB or what? I don't know how else you explain '10 Auburn.
UTnbama
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 11:56:10 EDT »

Yep, his seat is burning right now. Cam definitely, plus that was a really talented AU squad that year. After losing Malzahn, they've really hit rock bottom.They're trying to run a pro style offense with spread offense players, and doing about the worst job in history! The Defense is MIA, man if Chizik survives this it'll be a miracle. The only reason he's not already gone is the MNC, and changing assistants.
Mean Old Man
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 12:06:07 EDT »

I think ’10 Auburn had some other pieces in place but without Newton, that team would not have even sniffed a NT. IMO, he is the best college player in recent memory. I have never seen one guy make such huge a impact.
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 02:12:01 EDT »

Chizik could wind up at Southern Miss if they finish 0-12. USM is 0-7 and there is speculation that they will fire their first year Coach.

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 02:18:24 EDT »

Has college football ever seen a more spectacular fall from grace than Gene Chizik? I remember the Auburn fans booing when his hire was announced and thinking that I couldn't much blame them; I would've felt a little like booing too if he were my coach. At face value the hire looked terrible. Then he shut up all his critics by winning a national championship in just two seasons. Two seasons after that Auburn is one of the worst teams in the SEC.

So is Cam Newton the most important single team player in the history of CFB or what? I don't know how else you explain '10 Auburn.

Gus Malzhan?
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 02:20:38 EDT »

Gus Malzhan?

Gus is a Guy who should be talked to,He's a good one

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 02:36:20 EDT »

Gus Malzhan?

A big part of it. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2012, 01:58:14 EDT »

If not for Gus Malzhan, Auburn would have had a new coach by now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: