VTTW Board Index
May 19, 2024, 08:14:31 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jay Graham is the new RB Coach  (Read 7932 times)
GeneVols
Starter

View Profile
« on: December 06, 2011, 06:44:10 EST »

Per Vol Football Twitter...

Vol_Football Tennessee Football
The #Vols are proud to welcome back Jay Graham (@Grahamcoachg) as Tennessee's new running backs coach!
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 06:51:44 EST »

Per Vol Football Twitter...

Vol_Football Tennessee Football
The #Vols are proud to welcome back Jay Graham (@Grahamcoachg) as Tennessee's new running backs coach!

We made an awfully good trade today, Russell for Graham. I think this is a great hire.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 07:15:14 EST »

Apparently Graham has been recruiting Davis and Pender.  Both are still longshots, but maybe this explains why we let Imani Cross go?
Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 07:27:32 EST »

I think this hire should and will pay dividends rather quickly. Kids wanting to get to the next level will gravitate to Jay Graham. One of Tennessee's best all time backs and NFL experience! What's not to like about this hire? Hiring a Vol should not have any questions about loyalty.  
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 07:37:14 EST »

Apparently Graham has been recruiting Davis and Pender.  Both are still longshots, but maybe this explains why we let Imani Cross go?

I think they let Cross go because they think Alden Hill is the same type of player with more upside.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 08:36:14 EST »

Outstanding!   

Now if only he could suit up....

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2011, 09:49:58 EST »

I'm pretty happy with this move.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2011, 01:31:50 EST »

I like it!     I was in the new addition (back then) upper deck when he broke that run that beat bamer in 1996.  He ran right at me.  I've been hopeful that UT had some in the pipeline.  This is one of the things we need.    
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2011, 01:50:15 EST »

I like it!     I was in the new addition (back then) upper deck when he broke that run that beat bamer in 1996.  He ran right at me.  I've been hopeful that UT had some in the pipeline.  This is one of the things we need.    

Epic run.  Not only does the run itself give me chills, but watching the blocks being made... every single Bammer was smacked in the mouth then made to like it.   
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2011, 06:23:02 EST »

I was on the opposite side of that run.  He ran away from me.  Man was the stadium loud.

Don't forget he did the same thing in 2005.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2011, 06:30:40 EST »

The runs against Alabama in '95 and '96 and the run against Ohio State in the Citrus Bowl defined Graham's career at Tennessee.

I'm more excited about this hire than any UT football hire in quite a while. Graham can coach and he can recruit. Now just find a way to get Tee on staff as a QB coach and I'll be happy. (Though I still think Hiestand should be fired.)
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2011, 06:35:33 EST »

The runs against Alabama in '95 and '96 and the run against Ohio State in the Citrus Bowl defined Graham's career at Tennessee.

I'm more excited about this hire than any UT football hire in quite a while. Graham can coach and he can recruit. Now just find a way to get Tee on staff as a QB coach and I'll be happy. (Though I still think Hiestand should be fired.)

Why does Tee being on the staff make you happy?  While Tee is a dynamic individual (havign met Tee in person I can state that unequivicollay) but just because he was the 98 QB does that make him better than lets say Peyton Manning as the QB coach. 

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2011, 06:37:12 EST »

Why does Tee being on the staff make you happy?  While Tee is a dynamic individual (havign met Tee in person I can state that unequivicollay) but just because he was the 98 QB does that make him better than lets say Peyton Manning as the QB coach. 

Because he can recruit, because he's a former Vol and we need some former Vols on this staff due to their vested interest and commitment in helping turn this program around, and because there's no way in hell Peyton Manning is going to be UT's QB coach next year.
Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2011, 06:40:22 EST »

I'd like to see Tee on the Vols staff as well.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2011, 07:46:50 EST »

I would much rather keep Hanshaw at WR (where he has experience) and change OL coaches.  If Russell leaves then OK, maybe go after Tee but Frankly, I think we have a better WR coach in Hanshaw, who has also proven he can recruit.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2011, 07:51:28 EST »

Agree Pirate.. I'm not nuts over Tee right now either.  I'd much rather keep Hinshaw at this point.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2011, 08:07:24 EST »

The only way Tee works is to hire Tee is to have Dooley and Chaney share TE coaching duties (assuming Russell leaves) and hire Tee to coach QBs. Chaney works with the QBs as much as Hinshaw does now anyway.

You don't sacrifice Hinshaw. He and Sirmon are the ones getting it done on the recruiting trail right now.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2011, 08:17:09 EST »

Doesn't anyone read anymore? 

I said bring Tee in as QB coach, not WR coach. I don't think anyone wants Hinshaw to go anywhere.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2011, 08:20:36 EST »

Doesn't anyone read anymore? 

I said bring Tee in as QB coach, not WR coach. I don't think anyone wants Hinshaw to go anywhere.

Based on what Hubbs said this morning on the radio Chaney is going to coach QB so it's a moot discussion anyway.

I'm not sure Tee provides anything more than nostalgia at this point. Graham is a more proven coach and recruiter as well as being a former Vol. Tee isn't exactly lighting it up on the recruiting trail at UK.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: