VTTW Board Index
May 19, 2024, 11:00:16 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WKU...Oregon...  (Read 1289 times)
Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2013, 07:03:58 EDT »

took a high school kid to the game that had never been to a Vols, or any college, game for that matter and he had a ball. I started not to go, but I'm glad I did. The kid was in awe. He said he wanted to do to a night game and asked what it was like. Me, being a  smart alleck (reference Alec Baldwin) told him it was cooler, not so hot! Then told him it really depended on who the opponant was. Told him how hard it was to hear. He's stoked about maybe geting to come again. We went by TRO's tailgate only to find that he wasn't there...bummer.
I thought the VOL defense was very opportunistic and took advantage of them. I do not believe that Oregon will turn the ball over inside the red zone like WKU did, but I do think the Vol defense can make some things happen. I also feel that had WKU not had turned it over so many times that the game would have been much more interesting in terms of how close it would have been.
Anybody can say that they had a short field and couldn't get into a rythmn. I disagree. Teams have to take advantage of mistakes. Then, in UT's case, the offense should be thinking "the defense set us up for that one, now lets go get one on our own, lets not depend on the defense to set us up". I thought the Vols offense did that in the second half. They looked like a completely different offensive unit in every way. I like what I saw, I like how this team fought through adversity and less than stellar circumstances.
Most pundents will have Oregon as a big favorite and they should. They are big, extremely fast, and they take no prisoners. They play the game hard. Tennessee has two options to win this game. First, they can match Oregon in a high octane fast paced game and try to match them score for score in a game of one upsmanship, or they can run a stall offense and slow the game down keeping the Oregon offense off the field. I know this, Oregon can be beat. Tennessee can beat Oregon, but they will have to play four quarters of football to make it happen.
I still love the energy this Tennessee team has, its on the sideline, on the field and in the air, Love it!!! I'll tell you something else I saw that I really liked that I don't recall ever seeing. When the game was over, the entire team was in front of the and, as Will Smith would say, Getting Jiggy With It!!!! That was so very awesome!!! GO VOLS!!! GO TEAM 117!!!!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 03:40:52 EDT by Screaming Eagle Dad » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: