VTTW Board Index
May 18, 2024, 10:57:53 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The ending to the UVA/UL game was March Madness-esque.  (Read 1581 times)
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: March 02, 2018, 05:05:53 EST »

It took like 10 minutes to play the last 55 seconds. But it was worth the wait.
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 05:25:36 EST »

He has done a good job given the circumstances, but David Padgett looked like an interim coach in those last seconds.  You don't foul with 1 second left up by 4.  You don't run the baseline.  And the real issue, throw the ball 3/4 court on the inbound and go on home.  Louisville beat UVA every way possible, except the scoreboard.

It took like 10 minutes to play the last 55 seconds. But it was worth the wait.

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 05:43:41 EST »

I really don't think that the coaching staff wanted a foul in that situation.  I think it was simply a freshmen mistake.

As for the inbounds, I completely agree that you just throw it past mid-court and the game is over.  He over analyzed himself on that idiotic call.  I doubt that the kid was told to run the baseline, I think that he more likely just had a brain freeze in the hectic atmosphere.  Heck, the official had just told him that it was a spot inbound.
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 10:26:53 EST »

Absolutely right on all counts, however, Padgett took a time out to the locker room.  I don't blame either player, as you said, freshman mistake in high pressure situations, and another mistake under even higher pressure.  But you gotta all be on the same page, and to do that, you gotta use that last timeout.

I really don't think that the coaching staff wanted a foul in that situation.  I think it was simply a freshmen mistake.

As for the inbounds, I completely agree that you just throw it past mid-court and the game is over.  He over analyzed himself on that idiotic call.  I doubt that the kid was told to run the baseline, I think that he more likely just had a brain freeze in the hectic atmosphere.  Heck, the official had just told him that it was a spot inbound.

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2018, 03:21:52 EST »

I may be remembering incorrectly, but I thought that there was a review before the inbounds which in essence gave UL their timeout (without having to take one he got to set up the inbound he wanted - and it was a terrible one). Maybe I'm wrong, though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: