VTTW Board Index
May 17, 2024, 10:09:48 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Part 1 of "The Dirty Game" expose on Oklahoma State  (Read 5007 times)
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 10, 2013, 03:08:26 EDT »

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20130910/oklahoma-state-part-1-money/?sct=hp_t11_a2&eref=sihp

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 04:16:09 EDT »

I have not read it yet, but when I do I'll be leery of drawing any conclusions. My guess is one could write a scathing expose of any group, anywhere.

If you focus on misdeeds anything can be skewed.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 04:52:07 EDT »

There are a bunch of coaches and a bunch of programs out there right now whose buttholes are puckered up pretty good...
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 04:58:59 EDT »

You can take the team out of the southwest conference, but you can't get the southwest conference out of the team.
Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 05:08:04 EDT »

I have not read it yet, but when I do I'll be leery of drawing any conclusions. My guess is one could write a scathing expose of any group, anywhere.

If you focus on misdeeds anything can be skewed.

Better read the article. Pretty damning stuff and this is just the beginning. It's hard to "skew" something of this magnitude. The reality is that there isn't a pure team in college football. Corruption is rife in this sport and every school and every program has its skeletons. But the reality is also that Oklahoma State's program is probably getting ready to be sent back to the stone age by the NCAA.

I never wanted him anyway, but thank God Mike Gundy isn't our coach today.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2013, 07:41:55 EDT »

I glanced at the first part during lunch. IF boosters are in the locker room, and coaches or staff are also dispensing cash that is major, major, major.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2013, 07:42:39 EDT »

I glanced at the first part during lunch. IF boosters are in the locker room, and coaches or staff are also dispensing cash that is major, major, major.

Getting CAUGHT AT IT is major.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2013, 07:43:02 EDT »

I never wanted him anyway, but thank God Mike Gundy isn't our coach today.

We can all agree on that!

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Hollerboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2013, 07:54:35 EDT »

The oks president has already come out with an apology. 

Creek Walker
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2013, 09:42:34 EDT »

We can all agree on that!

I didn't think I'd ever see the day... 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2013, 03:23:01 EDT »

The oks president has already come out with an apology. 

I saw their AD on ESPN just now and he said they were not sure hoped it wasnt true but took full responsibility.  I respect that....I hate it when those in authority deflect blame.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2013, 03:59:29 EDT »

I guess I'm not really surprised of the reports that this happened, but I still can't help but be shocked at how blatant it was/is in this day and age.  Boosters walking around handing out cash in broad daylight in front of everyone else?  In the 21st century?  Wow.
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2013, 04:05:48 EDT »

I guess I'm not really surprised of the reports that this happened, but I still can't help but be shocked at how blatant it was/is in this day and age.  Boosters walking around handing out cash in broad daylight in front of everyone else?  In the 21st century?  Wow.

I'm not sure to what extent I believe this story. It is really blatant and would take idiots to do it so much out in the open. Several players who were reported as accepting money denied it. No surprise. And it was pointed out in the ESPN story that at least five of those who said they received money had eventually been kicked off the team. Perhaps they held a grudge. Perhaps the whole thing is true.

I too find it hard to believe that anyone today or in the last 10 years would be so open and bold. But I guess it's possible.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 04:08:03 EDT by droner » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: