VTTW Board Index
May 02, 2024, 05:40:10 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pearl to Auburn per CBS sports  (Read 13110 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: March 18, 2014, 05:26:16 EDT »

nm
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 05:29:00 EDT »

Oh well.  Tennesse Basketball existed before Bruce Pearl and it will continue.  Woulda been cool but life goes on.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 05:30:38 EDT »

MickeyFickey.

Bring me Shaka Smart.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 05:31:54 EDT »

MickeyFickey.

Bring me Shaka Smart.

He isn't going anywhere.

This sucks.

EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 05:42:13 EDT »

Thank you GUTLESS WONDER AD Mike Hamilton.  Thank you for SCREWING UP the best thing to happen to UT Basketball for the last twenty years.  Instead of sticking by a coach like Missouri did with Frank Haith, you could have stood by Pearl and told the NCAA to go and cut bait, but when it came down to the crux of the matter you ran and hid just like you did every other time you were called on to make tough decisions you F'EN weasel.  Yeah BP lied but it should have been up to UT to stick by him, but NO they made up another violation as a way of getting rid of him and then forced us to F'ING watch this poor excuse of a team that is a fantasyland of Martin that he can with with a Horse and Buggy offense and a Big 10 Defense.  Thank you MIKE HAMILTON for giving UT Basketball the TOTAL SCREW job. 

MIKE HAMILTON can KISS MY GLUTEUS MAXIMUS......

MIKE HAMILTON   

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 05:43:29 EDT »

He isn't going anywhere.

This sucks.

Cuonzo's not going anywhere either, but I have to keep myself warm somehow.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2014, 05:48:44 EDT »

Cuonzo's not going anywhere either, but I have to keep myself warm somehow.

Not sure about that

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2014, 06:03:23 EDT »

Not sure about that

If we win tomorrow there is zero chance he gets canned. If we lose, there's a chance, and then our next coach will be another cross-your-fingers-and-hope-he-knows-his-ass-from-a-hole-in-the-ground type of hire.

Meanwhile Bruce is going to run shizzle.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2014, 06:06:07 EDT »

If we win tomorrow there is zero chance he gets canned. If we lose, there's a chance, and then our next coach will be another cross-your-fingers-and-hope-he-knows-his-ass-from-a-hole-in-the-ground type of hire.

Meanwhile Bruce is going to run shizzle.

I think if we lose tomorrow he is gone

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2014, 06:12:10 EDT »

I think if we lose tomorrow he is gone

He may be. But we're better than Iowa, and UMass for that matter, and you should get used to the idea of watching Cuonzo coach against Bruce in TBA next year.

NC Enginerd
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2014, 06:13:10 EDT »

nm

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected." - G.K. Chesterton ILN, 4/19/24
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2014, 06:15:32 EDT »

Thank you GUTLESS WONDER AD Mike Hamilton.  Thank you for SCREWING UP the best thing to happen to UT Basketball for the last twenty years.  Instead of sticking by a coach like Missouri did with Frank Haith, you could have stood by Pearl and told the NCAA to go and cut bait, but when it came down to the crux of the matter you ran and hid just like you did every other time you were called on to make tough decisions you F'EN weasel.  Yeah BP lied but it should have been up to UT to stick by him, but NO they made up another violation as a way of getting rid of him and then forced us to F'ING watch this poor excuse of a team that is a fantasyland of Martin that he can with with a Horse and Buggy offense and a Big 10 Defense.  Thank you MIKE HAMILTON for giving UT Basketball the TOTAL SCREW job. 

MIKE HAMILTON can KISS MY GLUTEUS MAXIMUS......

MIKE HAMILTON   

We can compare what he did and the seriousness of it to other coaches' transgressions all day long but at the end of the day he broke the rules and he's the one that lied.  I love him and would've been happy if we would've got him back, but Bruce Pearl is the reason Bruce Pearl is not the coach at Tennessee.  To me that's where it begins and ends.  
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2014, 06:16:50 EDT »

We can compare what he did and the seriousness of it to other coaches' transgressions all day long but at the end of the day he broke the rules and he's the one that lied.  I love him and would've been happy if we would've got him back, but Bruce Pearl is the reason Bruce Pearl is not the coach at Tennessee.  To me that's where it begins and ends.  

An AD worth a shizzle stands up for his coach in that situation. We all recognize what Bruce did but if UT has a strong AD we never have to fire Bruce and he's still here instead of at Auburn.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2014, 06:17:40 EDT »

He may be. But we're better than Iowa, and UMass for that matter, and you should get used to the idea of watching Cuonzo coach against Bruce in TBA next year.

We were better than several teams we lost to. I do agree that i we get to Duke, he will be safe - unless someone offers him. I don't think CCM is happy in Knoxville.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2014, 06:18:20 EDT »

An AD worth a shizzle stands up for his coach in that situation. We all recognize what Bruce did but if UT has a strong AD we never have to fire Bruce and he's still here instead of at Auburn.

And this is why Hamilton was such total shizzle

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2014, 06:24:44 EDT »

While that's true, what if there wasn't said situation to begin with?  Root cause, jmho. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2014, 06:29:08 EDT »

And this is why Hamilton was such total shizzle

No backbone at all. The same guy that gave Fulmer a contract extension and then six months later fired him.   Whatever anyone thinks about Fulmer, that was inconsistent by Hamilton and he should have given Fulmer more of a chance and then taken the heat himself.  Or not given the extension to begin with, which Fulmer may have bullied him into.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2014, 06:31:31 EDT »

As for Pearl, I have what I consider reliable source that was close to the players who says there was a lot more going on than a barbeque and I believe it.  I will not repeat the specific allegations nor the source for obvious reasons, but I am okay with Pearl being fired for this reason....not the BS that was said publically.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2014, 06:32:37 EDT »

And as for Pearl accepting the job at Auburn...

fizzle

He won't do as well there as he did at Tennessee, IMO....kind of like SOS at USCe not as good as UF.  But Au will be much, much better.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2014, 06:35:26 EDT »

As for Pearl, I have what I consider reliable source that was close to the players who says there was a lot more going on than a barbeque and I believe it.  I will not repeat the specific allegations nor the source for obvious reasons, but I am okay with Pearl being fired for this reason....not the BS that was said publically.

Goes on everywhere, including FL. College basketball is a dirty game. Either you play it or be losers.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2014, 06:36:59 EDT »

And as for Pearl accepting the job at Auburn...

fizzle

He won't do as well there as he did at Tennessee, IMO....kind of like SOS at USCe not as good as UF.  But Au will be much, much better.

I don't know. I am kinda hoping so too...but it may be wishful thinking. He has Atlanta ties, and now, an open checkbook. It is Auburn, you know. Hell the guy who hired him used to be an NCAA compliance guy. Smart.

Creek Walker
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2014, 06:38:09 EDT »

The bottom line on today's news?

Another SEC basketball program is on its way to quickly become relevant, while Tennessee basketball is slowly slipping back into irrelevance.

I can't find a positive spin to put on that.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2014, 06:43:22 EDT »

Goes on everywhere, including FL. College basketball is a dirty game. Either you play it or be losers.

Ok, so why was Pearl foolish enough to pose for a picture and trust the recruits to "never tell"?  Maybe everyone cheats, but everyone doesn't get caught.

Blaming Hammy is much the same mindset as everyone who can't stand Craft for selling Pearl out.  We love Pearl so we lay the blame everywhere but at the feet of Pearl which is where most of it belongs.  Again, jmho but if he hadn't done what he did there would be no picture to get out and Hammy wouldn't have any situation to help with. 
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 06:45:37 EDT by VinnieVOL » Logged
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2014, 06:53:32 EDT »

Yes I know...but when you do that, you get caught sometimes.   

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2014, 06:54:40 EDT »

Ok, so why was Pearl foolish enough to pose for a picture and trust the recruits to "never tell"?  Maybe everyone cheats, but everyone doesn't get caught.

Blaming Hammy is much the same mindset as everyone who can't stand Craft for selling Pearl out.  We love Pearl so we lay the blame everywhere but at the feet of Pearl which is where most of it belongs.  Again, jmho but if he hadn't done what he did there would be no picture to get out and Hammy wouldn't have any situation to help with.  

Hammy has no backbone. Pearl should have simply denied it happened and lawyered up. He'd still be coaching in Knoxville.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: