VTTW Board Index
May 07, 2024, 09:31:20 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Running for one yard on 1st down and then passing not cutting it  (Read 1420 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 28, 2013, 06:41:40 EDT »

Lets have some patience in the run game, I say....

Meantime the D bails us out and a nice kick by Palardy.  Special teams a bright spot this year....one of the few.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 06:51:11 EDT »

Lets have some patience in the run game, I say....

Meantime the D bails us out and a nice kick by Palardy.  Special teams a bright spot this year....one of the few.

The running game is not going to get any better unless/until the Vols have a QB that is at least a semi threat to run.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 06:54:04 EDT »

The running game is not going to get any better unless/until the Vols have a QB that is at least a semi threat to run.

True in general....I think against this team we can just hand the ball off on every play and have some success....obviously that won't cut it down the road, and I don't mean literally EVERY play, but we need to at least try running on second down and long a few times IMO.  We are running better with Lane in there now, so there is that. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: