VTTW Board Index
May 08, 2024, 12:00:48 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rupp's Rafters  (Read 1279 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: March 18, 2022, 03:55:21 EDT »

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2022, 03:56:36 EDT »

I’m in physical pain from laughing so hard.   
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2022, 04:21:39 EDT »

RR already has a coaching Hot Board going 

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2022, 04:22:41 EDT »

Did they forget to do a shoot around again?   
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2022, 04:24:13 EDT »

Did they forget to do a shoot around again?   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2022, 04:24:37 EDT »

RR already has a coaching Hot Board going 

Already been there....Love it  
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2022, 04:25:24 EDT »

I went over there and I almost never do.

Surprised by the number of them calling to fire Cal.

Then again, I'm not...but I am.  I thought most of them were all in on him.  Doesn't he have a "contract for life".  How do you buy THAT out?   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2022, 04:38:38 EDT »

I went over there and I almost never do.

Surprised by the number of them calling to fire Cal.

Then again, I'm not...but I am.  I thought most of them were all in on him.  Doesn't he have a "contract for life".  How do you buy THAT out?   

RR posters saying his buyout would be $60 million… can that be right???
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2022, 05:08:26 EDT »

I wouldn't be surprised

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2022, 02:47:33 EDT »

-Can we stop playing in Indy? The crowd clearly doesn't help UK as much as everyone wants to believe. It was LOUD when it needed to be, but this team didn't respond. So, Indy has given us Wisconsin, the Duke/Zion ass-kicking, and now arguably the biggest upset in NCAA history. Lovely. And it was Wisky all over again with the stall ball nonsense once a lead was finally in place late.

-Murray State fans were cheering for St. Peters, obviously. They were celebrating UK's loss as if they beat UK. Their attitude about it is what bothered me. People like upsets, yes. But they were sort of nasty about it. Remember that when you cheer for Murray State against St. Peter's.

-I think I was one of Cal's biggest defenders, especially because I live in Indy and have to deal with so much hate daily, but it's over. Every other coach in the SEC would have won that game last night. Cal was just ridiculously bad. Won't re-hash all of the examples, because they've been said on this board since the game started. But ho-lee sheet that was one of the worst coaching performances in ages. And Shaheen Holloway was ready for it.

-Wheeler kept us in the game for a couple of minutes late, but overall, he was abysmal. Our point guard was dreadful last night. Turnovers, bad passes, missed free throws, what in the hell was he doing? When Cal went into his predictable stall ball mode up 6 w/ 3:30 to play, Wheeler had no idea what he was doing ... and nobody wanted to touch the ball. Cal must scare the sh*t out of his players with some kind of nasty threats when he tells them to go into stall mode.

-Ty Ty Washington was so bad it was a joke. Cal couldn't even play him .... and then, of course, he throws him back in cold off the bench to take the last shot in regulation. Savvy move.

-Oscar deserves so much more. Will miss him.

-UK was bad at the rim all night. You could just sense "something" was off from the tip. Felt it in the air. Lay-ups, free throws, everything.

-Worse, UK was TERRIBLE on the fast break. Ty Ty was the worst. Felt like I was watching a point-shaver.

-Watching Sharpe in warm-ups, dunking, just pissed me off. I didn't even care about the whole Sharpe debacle until I saw this.

-Cal didn't even have the boys come out to warm up until about 4:00 left before the 2H. St. Peter's was out there for a full 10 extra minutes warming up. I think this kind of stuff matters. Cal just kept them back, probably allowing them to get more nervous/tight as he yelled nonsense at the whiteboard.

-Season had some fun moments .... but UK looked like a 6-7 seed the last month of the season and we all know it. The hype was a shame, because they didn't deserve any of it. The final four picks, the title predictions, all complete nonsense based on fool's gold from an outlier performance against Kansas in January. No other way to look at it.

-Not sure how much I'll care about this stuff until Cal is gone. 2015 broke something in me as a fan, probably for the better (less emotional about losses), but last night just felt like this weird sense of completeness .... I realized I'm just totally done w/ the Cal era and ready for a fresh start.[/i]

Act like arrogant pricks, get treated like the arrogant pricks you are!

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2022, 06:47:32 EDT »

Occasionally they stumble upon the truth:

LowCountryCat said:
Looks like they get their star freshmen to play no problem. They have shooters, 3 seven footers, and guards who can create their own shots.
Didn't we try to recruit Kennedy Chandler?
Rick Barnes OWNS Cal.
Hell, they might even make the Final Four.

fisherscatfan Response: Barnes built a team. Cals tries to accumulate athletes.

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2022, 02:18:32 EDT »

Yep it is...He has a lifetime contract.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: