VTTW Board Index
May 16, 2024, 09:34:42 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Butch Jones & Co's Three-Year Vols Report Card  (Read 7863 times)
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« on: December 16, 2015, 01:50:13 EST »

Agree or disagree?

http://www.rockytoptalk.com/2015/12/14/9894150/butch-jones-cos-three-year-tennessee-vols-report-card
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2015, 03:42:56 EST »

I think my grades would be pretty close to Hunter's.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2015, 05:23:30 EST »

Not a lot to disagree with there.  Overall B seems about right....I could almost go B+ but def not A.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2015, 05:55:12 EST »

Looks about right. Notice the in-game coaching marks...C's and a D. But if I say his in-game coaching sucks I get hammered on here. Seems I'm not the only one not impressed with his in-game coaching. Right now it is the only thing holding him back from being considered a top tier coach. Honestly, I think he will be a good coach. He walked into a dumpster fire and might have been a little gun-shy. Now that he has some talent to play with, I hope he will not be afraid to get aggressive in his play calling and approach. I do like his positive attitude and swagger. It is an entirely different kind of swagger Kiffin had when he was here.

volsboyinsodak
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2015, 06:22:12 EST »

Looks about right. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Honestly, I think he will be a good coach. He walked into a dumpster fire and might have been a little gun-shy. Now that he has some talent to play with, I hope he will not be afraid to get aggressive in his play calling and approach. I do like his positive attitude and swagger. It is an entirely different kind of swagger Kiffin had when he was here.

Agree completely.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2015, 07:05:59 EST »

Looks about right. Notice the in-game coaching marks...C's and a D. But if I say his in-game coaching sucks I get hammered on here. Seems I'm not the only one not impressed with his in-game coaching. Right now it is the only thing holding him back from being considered a top tier coach. Honestly, I think he will be a good coach. He walked into a dumpster fire and might have been a little gun-shy. Now that he has some talent to play with, I hope he will not be afraid to get aggressive in his play calling and approach. I do like his positive attitude and swagger. It is an entirely different kind of swagger Kiffin had when he was here.

Dear volsboy

Noone is discussing your freaking commentary about Jones coaching in game but we are freaking tired of your constant F'ING HARPING on Jones and company.  We get it you think he sucks and we all aware of it.  Get over your F'ING opinion of Jones.  He is TWO THOUSAND percent better than your coaching acumen!!!!

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

Creek Walker
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2015, 07:18:12 EST »

Agree completely.

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2015, 09:54:23 EST »

Dear volsboy

Noone is discussing your freaking commentary about Jones coaching in game but we are freaking tired of your constant F'ING HARPING on Jones and company.  We get it you think he sucks and we all aware of it.  Get over your F'ING opinion of Jones.  He is TWO THOUSAND percent better than your coaching acumen!!!!

Well he has turned the last two season's from  probable two loss season's into 4+ loss seasons on his in-game coaching ability. No more to say. I guess you all are more forgiving than I am. I will just let it go.

volsboyinsodak
SmokeyJoe
Re:
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2015, 11:52:08 EST »

I guess I just don't "get" what good comes from over critiquing as a layperson? Yes we were all disappointed this year. I can buy that Jones made a couple mistakes this year, that along with several other plays during the game(s), "cost" us the game(s). Last year? Don't recall what you are referencing. UT got over the hump with jawga this year. It should happen with alabama and/or florida next year. Really the Vols were pretty damn close to being 12-0, and made two playoff teams work very, very hard to beat them, as well as a division champion. I know the history with Alabama & Florida is frustrating. Not sure this was the year to blow our tops at the results... And I did momentarily after the loss to UF ;) I think very much brighter days are just around the corner.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2015, 01:02:14 EST »

Well he has turned the last two season's from  probable two loss season's into 4+ loss seasons on his in-game coaching ability. No more to say. I guess you all are more forgiving than I am. I will just let it go.

The last two seasons?  Are you freaking high?  How on Earth could we have a two loss season in 2014 with a completely revamped OL?  Do you realize we had 3.5 TOTAL STARTS on the OL in 2014 and that none of them were higher than 3 star in talent?  Do you appreciate how important the OL is to a football team?  It's fundamental.  Honestly you don't seem to understand football very well.

As for this season, 10-2 looks reasonable....IN RETROSPECT.  I called 8-4 back in July and stuck with it.  What was your prediction?  I suspect it was worse, given how unrelentingly negative you are.  

As for what you post above, if all you ever did was question Butch's in game decisions, I wouldn't necessarily have a problem with it (other than the sheer, mindless high volume).

But you go much farther than that.  You also question Dobbs, the DBs, the LBs, the RBs, the OL, the WRs the DL , the cheerleaders, the AD, the mascot, the fans, the waterboys, the University and even Smokey.    
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 01:15:54 EST by BanditVol » Logged

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2015, 01:31:53 EST »

The last two seasons?  Are you freaking high?  How on Earth could we have a two loss season in 2014 with a completely revamped OL?  Do you realize we had 3.5 TOTAL STARTS on the OL in 2014 and that none of them were higher than 3 star in talent?  Do you appreciate how important the OL is to a football team?  It's fundamental.  Honestly you don't seem to understand football very well.

As for this season, 10-2 looks reasonable....IN RETROSPECT.  I called 8-4 back in July and stuck with it.  What was your prediction?  I suspect it was worse, given how unrelentingly negative you are.  

As for what you post above, if all you ever did was question Butch's in game decisions, I wouldn't necessarily have a problem with it (other than the sheer, mindless high volume).

But you go much farther than that.  You also question Dobbs, the DBs, the LBs, the RBs, the OL, the WRs the DL , the cheerleaders, the AD, the mascot, the fans, the waterboys, the University and even Smokey.    
Okay. It would have made no difference if Dobbs played the whole season last year. I disagree. Plus he still lost his redshirt. Might have beat UGa and UF last year with him QB. We will never know so I am over it. I will criticize who ever i damn well please when I please. There I criticized his talent evaluation ability too. He should have played Dobbs all along. I will speak of this no more. Until I deem it necessary. 

volsboyinsodak
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2015, 05:34:08 EST »

Let us be honest you are full of brown turds.  In Butch's first year he beat USCe when he should have not even been on the same field with them and took UGA to OT with dooley's pitiful excuse for talent to a 5-7 record and that over fizzleing achieving by anybody's standards except for you.  You do realize that no less than Peyton Manning told many people including people that I would trust to tell me the truth that Butch inherited a team with 10 players that were SEC talent level.  10 out of 85 scholarship players were SEC LEVEL! Do you freaking understand how good that really was or are your blinded by your idiotic misunderstanding of any logical opinion other than the bullshizzle ones you use to keep your ears apart?  Secondly last year he was still behind the eight ball playing with basically a team of freshman......in the SEC.  That is like playing in the NFL with a team of rookies in every position.  You ain't going to win many games playing with a bunch of rookies.  Yeah losing to Oklahoma and UF sucked, but do you fizzleing realize that those teams were damn good teams and young teams still have to learn to win.  They accomplished that by kicking the UGA curse.  So until you get a fizzleing clue about how good of a job Butch has done do us all a favor and STFU!!!!!

Frankly the mods can ban me for what I am about to say to you, but frankly I don't give a tinker's damn if they do, but finally someone is going to take the gloves off and tell you how they feel about you.  You are a pitiful excuse for a fan of my beloved Vols.  You are up in the wilds of freaking South Dakota and how many games have you been to in the last five years? How many agonizing times have you sat in the stands and yelled yourself f'ing hoarse when this team needed every damn person in the stands pulling for the team? I can count on the fingers of those guys on the wounded warriors commercial that lost both hands to an IED in Afghanistan.   ZERO.  You just want to get your freaking opinion out there and get people to think you know something.  You know zero about this team other than some pitiful something or other you have read on a message board or heard some talking head say.  I have sat and listened to diatribes from you about the Vols without any clue as to what you were saying was in fact even close to the truth.  Some have said I am an Orange glasses fan.  I ain't I am a realist, but I also know that you are the worst excuse for a Vol fan seen since Johnny Majors threw a pass to Buddy Cruze that helped to beat Georgia Tech in 1956.  So shut the f up cause you are a boil on my ass when discussing the Tennessee Volunteers!

« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 01:54:54 EST by EmerilVOL » Logged

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2015, 04:13:25 EST »

Let us be honest you are full of brown turds.  In Butch's first year he beat USCe when he should have not even been on the same field with them and took UGA to OT with dooley's pitiful excuse for talent to a 5-7 record and that over fizzleing achieving by anybody's standards except for you.  You do realize that no less than Peyton Manning told many people including people that I would trust to tell me the truth that Butch inherited a team with 10 players that were SEC talent level.  10 out of 85 scholarship players were SEC LEVEL! Do you freaking understand how good that really was or are your blinded by your idiotic misunderstanding of any logical opinion other than the bullshizzle ones you use to keep your ears apart?  Secondly last year he was still behind the eight ball playing with basically a team of freshman......in the SEC.  That is like playing in the NFL with a team of rookies in every position.  You ain't going to win many games playing with a bunch of rookies.  Yeah losing to Oklahoma and UF sucked, but do you fizzleing realize that those teams were damn good teams and young teams still have to learn to win.  They accomplished that by kicking the UGA curse.  So until you get a fizzleing clue about how good of a job Butch has done do us all a favor and STFU!!!!!

Frankly the mods can ban me for what I am about to say to you, but frankly I don't give a tinker's damn if they do, but finally someone is going to take the gloves off and tell you how they feel about you.  You are a pitiful excuse for a fan of my beloved Vols.  You are up in the wilds of freaking South Dakota and how many games have you been to in the last five years? How many agonizing times have you sat in the stands and yelled yourself f'ing hoarse when this team needed every damn person in the stands pulling for the team? I can count on the fingers of those guys on the wounded warriors commercial that lost both hands to an IED in Afghanistan.   ZERO.  You just want to get your freaking opinion out there and get people to think you know something.  You know zero about this team other than some pitiful something or other you have read on a message board or heard some talking head say.  I have sat and listened to diatribes from you about the Vols without any clue as to what you were saying was in fact even close to the truth.  Some have said I am an Orange glasses fan.  I ain't I am a realist, but I also know that you are the worst excuse for a Vol fan seen since Johnny Majors threw a pass to Buddy Cruze that helped to beat Georgia Tech in 1956.  So shut the f up cause you are a boil on my ass when discussing the Tennessee Volunteers!

I see no reason for anyone to ban you. You are a passionate fan. I respect your opinion and nothing you have said is false. I have been a negative arse. I guess I need to get back down there for a game. I am planning on being at the Battle at Bristol. But you can still go f yourself.

volsboyinsodak
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2015, 04:26:03 EST »

Now that all of that is out of the way. I apologize to all on the board. Especially Emeril. He is a great guy and I earned all of his barbs. I thank him for just letting me know in a way I actually deserve. I do hope to get to a tailgate and meet most of you knuckleheads. I hope you understand. I'm just jealous I can't get to the games much. One saving grace, I don't actually believe all the crap I talk about Butch. I just am kind of an instigator and like to see people's reactions. You guys are nothing but great fans. I promise to chill on the negativity. Thank You for letting me post here. It is my home away from home.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 04:33:17 EST by volsboy » Logged

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2015, 08:56:00 EST »

Okay. It would have made no difference if Dobbs played the whole season last year. I disagree. Plus he still lost his redshirt. Might have beat UGa and UF last year with him QB. We will never know so I am over it. I will criticize who ever i damn well please when I please. There I criticized his talent evaluation ability too. He should have played Dobbs all along. I will speak of this no more. Until I deem it necessary. 

The Dobb's thing is ambiguous.  I have seen you and others criticize his accuracy, with justification.   Without his legs, how good a QB is Dobbs?  Did he get a good evaluation in practice?  He likely always had a green shirt on.  With a green shirt, no one is going to take his running ability seriously.

Thus I am not surprised at all that Butch wanted to wait.  I have seen Dobbs throw, and you have actually criticized his throwing ability more than once.

And I am not sure we win those other games or not.  Florida perhaps, but Worley played one of the best games of his career against Uga that year.  Not sure Dobbs would have helped.

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2015, 09:39:20 EST »

I can agree with that. Sorry if I have been a douche to you too. I enjoy your posts and candor.

volsboyinsodak
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: