VTTW Board Index
May 15, 2024, 10:05:12 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More FB scholarships opening up.......  (Read 1611 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: December 29, 2014, 09:42:04 EST »

http://tennessee.247sports.com/Bolt/Miller-Payne-leaving-Vols-34206789
tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 10:00:38 EST »

You think it's bc they didn't like being considered 'reserves'?
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 06:05:25 EST »

Adjusting to college life and the complete dedication required in big time football and as a student can be overwhelming. Add in being home-sick for parents, old friends, and maybe a high school flame can make young adults unhappy. Then throw in your position on the depth chart, the fact others have beaten you out for playing time, and the fact that you were THE star back home. There are those that cannot handle pressure until later in life. There are only so many starting spots on the team and not everyone is going to be The Man. Listen, if these players as so unhappy that they want to leave, it is better for the team and for them that they go elsewhere. Sometimes you may actually be a better player than those in front of you, but sometimes you are not. And sometimes you may have a personality conflict with your position coach. Some kids may be ready to leave the nest and some are at the time, but realize life is harder than it looks or what they were told. Since none of us have any insight to the inner workings of this team, the staff, or players, it is all speculation. Any media BS is just that. All media slant their reports based on the way they want it to sound and unless you hear the whole interview unedited, you cannot believe it as the unvarnished truth. Besides in this sound bite and 256 character world of social media, only the most outrageous and harsh headlines get noticed.

I have to tell you I find it hard to understand because I left home 45+ years ago and told my mother I did not need her help and money any longer. I have been on my own since making my own decisions, mistakes, and successes just like Momma taught and encouraged me to do. If these decisions are these kids own choices, more power to them. Stop living your life for others and live your life with your own choices and do what is best for you.  That is if you want to take advise from an old man.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: