VTTW Board Index
May 15, 2024, 08:15:36 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Arky has had a pretty good second half of the season......  (Read 2351 times)
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: December 30, 2014, 04:34:20 EST »

And they ain't lookin' too bad against the horns, either.

G
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 06:08:20 EST »

Wow! Under 6 to play and Tejas has about 25 total O.

G
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 05:12:20 EST »

Lets see.......We played Auburn the year they went to and played for the national championship.....We played Ole Miss this year when they had their best season going in 40 years.....and now we play Ark when they are getting it going and improving as much as anybody in the SEC.
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 06:11:20 EST »

Arkansas still will have a big handicap next year if Chaney is still the OC. As their passing game improves, he will abandon the run and pass the ball too much just like he did at UT.
Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2014, 06:23:24 EST »

Arkansas still will have a big handicap next year if Chaney is still the OC. As their passing game improves, he will abandon the run and pass the ball too much just like he did at UT.

I'd take Chaney over our current OC in a heartbeat.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2014, 08:49:38 EST »

I'd take Chaney over our current OC in a heartbeat.

I tend to agree with you, Creek.  I hope I am proved wrong when all is said and done, but I just don't see this offensive scheme getting it done at UT.  Even though there are some more "spreadish" offenses in the SEC now, it still comes down to one on one blocking and tackling.  It's going to be hard to recruit top OL talent with a zone blocking scheme approach.  Offensive line prospects who have a dream of playing in the NFL just aren't attracted to this type of scheme, and that's what is hurting our OL recruiting right now in my opinion.   

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: