VTTW Board Index
May 05, 2024, 09:19:58 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Did anyone else think Denver played scared on offense? I can't believe they  (Read 2169 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: September 23, 2014, 09:42:25 EDT »

played so conservative. Their defense played a good game, excluding overtime. I think they will be okay if the defense plays like that the rest of year. The offense will start putting up numbers. I wonder if the OC was calling the plays most of the time Sunday, because Peyton would look to the sidelines pissed after they run certain plays. Why would you not let him call all the plays?

volsboyinsodak
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 12:43:09 EDT »

So much of their offense is dependent on Peyton calling plays and audibles at the LOS, but that stadium being so loud pretty much takes that away. 

Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 01:56:34 EDT »

Yes. I thought they played like they were scared. And while Peyton may not have had complete control over the plays, on at least one of the third-and-long run plays that were criticized in the first half, he audibled from a pass play into the run play. It was mind-boggling to me. But darned if it didn't almost work. The defense played exceptionally well until overtime. I still hate the NFL's overtime rules. The amended approach is better than the old way, but as long as you have one of the best QBs in NFL history standing on the sideline without an opportunity to get into the game in OT, it's a long ways from perfect and needs fixing.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 06:50:12 EDT »

I agree. But I heard Wilbon say the Bronco's did get a chance, it was just on defense. They should have stopped them. He also stated that he thinks if roles were reversed and Denver got ball first and did same thing, you wouldn't hear anyone complaining.

volsboyinsodak
Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 07:24:28 EDT »

I agree. But I heard Wilbon say the Bronco's did get a chance, it was just on defense. They should have stopped them. He also stated that he thinks if roles were reversed and Denver got ball first and did same thing, you wouldn't hear anyone complaining.

I would. Obviously I wouldn't complain as loud or long because I'm a Peyton/Broncos fan and therefore, I'm biased.  But I've ALWAYS griped about the NFL's overtime rules. The whole process just feels tainted. Give each team at least one offensive possession.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: