VTTW Board Index
May 05, 2024, 06:59:49 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Not surprised, but really?  (Read 696 times)
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: March 05, 2022, 12:05:02 EST »

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/sports/college/university-of-tennessee/2022/03/04/faking-injuries-rule-ncaa-college-football-tennessee-vols/6926690001/

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2022, 12:30:43 EST »

They say they are afraid that players that are actually injured will be hesitant to go down. That's definitely not the issue now. It sucks but I’m not surprised.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2022, 01:15:47 EST »

It sucks, but adapt? Never did like the one trick pony stuff. Heupel can do it. How about strategic hurry up? 
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2022, 07:03:17 EST »

I've said for years you cannot judge a real injury from a fake injury and nobody wants the liability to try and judge it....But it would be easy to put in a rule you must sit for the entire series...By not doing so their BS SAYING THAT THE HEALTH and WELL BEING of the athletes is first and foremost goes out the window and is just peeing on your leg and telling you it's raining...There is nothing more fake than the player laid out on the field in life ending pain and having the trainers....doctors...surgeons...and the team chaplain to give you last rites all gathered around you for 10 minutes before they drag/carry you off the field to both teams prayers and standing ovations and then.......Your ass stays out for 1 play and goes back in. Total bull crap.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2022, 07:05:09 EST by Tnphil » Logged
Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2022, 07:06:48 EST »

Every game has a replay official. So at the very least -- THE VERY LEAST -- they could watch for these instances where a player just suddenly collapses, or a coach tells a player to collapse, and it's obviously a stalling tactic. Penalize them 5 yards for delay of game every time it happens. Would it be a little arbitrary? Sure. But probably no more arbitrary than holding penalties or pass interference penalties. And nowhere close to as arbitrary as the block/charge sequence in basketball. It wouldn't solve the problem but it would be a big step in the right direction.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: