VTTW Board Index
May 05, 2024, 12:30:04 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vitale lists UT as a no. 3 among his "biggest snubs"  (Read 566 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: March 14, 2022, 01:22:37 EDT »

He is correct.

I've always considered him a  bit of a clown, but I like him better suddenly. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2022, 01:25:29 EDT »

He is correct.

I've always considered him a  bit of a clown, but I like him better suddenly. 

And then you cover the microphone and, in your best Harry Doyle voice, say "He's still a dick."

Vitale is so outspoken in his defense of Tennessee for one reason and one reason only: He is close friends with Rick Barnes. In other words, just Dick being Dick and he's still a clown.

But, yeah, he's not wrong. 
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2022, 01:41:25 EDT »

He is a big Rick Barnes fans
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2022, 01:44:41 EDT »

Yeah he's probably still a dick.

TBH, he has toned it down a bit the last few years, or at least it seems that way to me.

Given that he is recovering from cancer though, I'll cut him some slack regardless.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2022, 09:17:43 EDT »

Yeah he's probably still a dick.

TBH, he has toned it down a bit the last few years, or at least it seems that way to me.

Given that he is recovering from cancer though, I'll cut him some slack regardless.  

He is a nice old man. His passion for the game is real. He might be a little obnoxious sometimes, but that is his schtick. Y'all are a tough crowd.  
« Last Edit: March 14, 2022, 09:19:43 EDT by SmokeyJoe » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: