VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 11:53:04 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This might be a planned suspension  (Read 6571 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: August 23, 2012, 04:57:20 EDT »

I am thinking back to a few months ago - DaRick had "some work to get done", missed practices and workouts. There were rumors he was suspended, he makes statements about transferring on twitter, but all of a sudden comes back, says he is sorry and ready to move on, has a great fall practice, dedicates himself...and now a week before the game CDD announces he is suspended? Classes just started....

IMO this has been planned, DaRick knew it, blew up about it a few months ago, but then dealt with it. IMO he will miss one game.

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 05:00:24 EDT »

I am thinking back to a few months ago - DaRick had "some work to get done", missed practices and workouts. There were rumors he was suspended, he makes statements about transferring on twitter, but all of a sudden comes back, says he is sorry and ready to move on, has a great fall practice, dedicates himself...and now a week before the game CDD announces he is suspended? Classes just started....

IMO this has been planned, DaRick knew it, blew up about it a few months ago, but then dealt with it. IMO he will miss one game.

That's what I just suggested. There's no evidence that this is what happened, but it would fit.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 05:01:28 EDT »

That's what I just suggested. There's no evidence that this is what happened, but it would fit.

sorry, hadn't read your post

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 05:03:14 EDT »

sorry, hadn't read your post

Not a problem . . . just backing you up that it would make sense. Although Hubbs is insisting that it's a new thing . . . but he was also insisting that Da'Rick was camp MVP in the last couple of days. So who knows. Dooley will be talking to the media soon but I doubt we'll learn much more.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 05:07:13 EDT »

I'll introduce another possibility. Da'Rick was on a short leash based on previous problems, and yesterday was the first day of Fall classes. Da'Rick cuts a class, Dooley is forced to act. The timing would be right.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2012, 05:07:33 EDT »

Not a problem . . . just backing you up that it would make sense. Although Hubbs is insisting that it's a new thing . . . but he was also insisting that Da'Rick was camp MVP in the last couple of days. So who knows. Dooley will be talking to the media soon but I doubt we'll learn much more.

Hubbs is saying it's new, and a "University" decision. If so, sounds like a failed piss test.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 05:09:31 EDT by Volznut » Logged
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2012, 05:11:25 EDT »

Hubbs is saying it's new, and a "University" decision. If so, sounds like a failed piss test.

That seems to be the most likely problem. If so, I believe that's one game mandatory, assuming it's his second. Perhaps it is announced as "indefinite" to attempt to hide what it was. Really, this may be the best case scenario, as there are many worse things it could be. All it does is confirm that Rogers is immature and lacks self control, and we already knew that.

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2012, 05:11:41 EDT »

Team rules = drug test mishap...unless this is for sins from months past.

If it's related to academics schools always mention it because it makes them sound pro-higher education.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2012, 05:14:10 EDT »

That seems to be the most likely problem. If so, I believe that's one game mandatory, assuming it's his second. Perhaps it is announced as "indefinite" to attempt to hide what it was. Really, this may be the best case scenario, as there are many worse things it could be. All it does is confirm that Rogers is immature and lacks self control, and we already knew that.

Indefinite is usually what they always say at first, and then either change it to a number of games, or dismissal.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2012, 05:40:20 EDT »

Dooley: "Doesn't expect Rogers to return" per Hyams.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2012, 05:41:36 EDT »

Dooley: "Doesn't expect Rogers to return" per Hyams.

I'll wait for another source. Just on general principle.

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2012, 05:44:08 EDT »

Sounds like Evan Woodbery is saying the same thing. I hope Hunter is 100% and CP is everything we've heard. And that neither gets hurt, and that we have three freshman ready to play right away.

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2012, 05:48:22 EDT »

Sooo, you're saying no Da'Rick for the season?

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2012, 05:48:33 EDT »

Normally I would to but he was tweeting that from the PC while Dooley was speaking to the media.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2012, 05:50:11 EDT »

Normally I would to but he was tweeting that from the PC while Dooley was speaking to the media.

I know. I just don't take news from Hyams. Again, general principle. 

I bet that #badword# is have a great fizzleing day, BTW. 

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2012, 05:52:37 EDT »

I tend to cut most folks a bit of slack in hopes they might do the same with me (not that media members know or care who I am), but gotta say I don't really take Hyams as being definitive on anything.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2012, 05:55:35 EDT »

I tend to cut most folks a bit of slack in hopes they might do the same with me (not that media members know or care who I am), but gotta say I don't really take Hyams as being definitive on anything.

I absolutely cannot stand him. He comes on 104.5 and spouts the most unreal bullshizzle every single time. He doesn't know what is going on if someone isn't in his face telling him.

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2012, 06:11:31 EDT »

Yeah, I used to look forward to listening to him on Mondays and Fridays when I moved to Nashville in '06...then I listened to him on Mondays and Fridays..then I stopped.

Here's another question. Would we still have Baggett and therefore Arnett if Da'Rick had gotten booted last year?

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2012, 06:16:16 EDT »

I absolutely cannot stand him. He comes on 104.5 and spouts the most unreal bullshizzle every single time. He doesn't know what is going on if someone isn't in his face telling him.

Yes and Mark Howard really gets ticked when ppl complain about Hyams....I am still waiting on the big revelation from the basketball arrests 2 years ago.   
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2012, 06:18:09 EDT »

Here's another question. Would we still have Baggett and therefore Arnett if Da'Rick had gotten booted last year?

I don't know if we'd be better off with Baggett still here or not. But I sure wish we had Arnett.

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2012, 06:25:45 EDT »

1) Yeah, I think Mark is probably a genuinely nice guy if you were to meet him (I haven't), but I'm not a big fan of his radio work because it sounds like he has just memorized a rather impressive amount of facts. I like Kevin Ingram and Wychek.

2) Arnett would be a large addition to this team. Hopefully Howard and Downs can return quickly. I really like Blanc's high school tape, but counting on freshmen is dicey. We've got to be able to run with authority.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2012, 06:36:08 EDT »

1) Yeah, I think Mark is probably a genuinely nice guy if you were to meet him (I haven't), but I'm not a big fan of his radio work because it sounds like he has just memorized a rather impressive amount of facts. I like Kevin Ingram and Wychek.

2) Arnett would be a large addition to this team. Hopefully Howard and Downs can return quickly. I really like Blanc's high school tape, but counting on freshmen is dicey. We've got to be able to run with authority.
Arnett, even late in the year, had a very, VERY limited grasp of the offense.  It seemed like he only really knew three patterns (learned one of the late in the season).  Otherwise he ran only quick outs and quick ins.  Every single catch his first three games, starting with Florida, was on one of those routes.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: